Hot flannel
T&H Grafton cream scuttle lathered
Finest badger brush made by myself
Gillette Executive adjustable D3 (1958) set on 5
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol Antesol aftershave

A grand shave. The Executive was caked up with limescale/soap scum when it arrived to me. Cillit bang limescale remover and an old tooth brush removed it with some warm soapy water. The seller must have had a go before and removed a good deal of gold from the top of the doors :dodgy: My face nicely cooled from the Antesol.

Face wash with Pears soap
Merkur Mergress / Rapira
Frank Shaving Pur-Tech 28mm
Tabac shaving stick
Proraso Green A/S
Surrati Black Aoud

Smashing :icon_smile:

The Work's
Head shave with Headblade products and razor
Face shave- Cella,Men-U Brush, Muhle R89, PolSilver SI [3]
Post- Thayers unscented, GFT Coral Skin Food

Result a gleaming bounce and smooth cheeks!

Monday

Afternoon, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Yuma
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Super Max
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: Kent BK8
Razor: Fatboy (6)

A lovely shave with the Kent face lathered. The new grip I've tried with this Fatboy seems to be working out for some nice shaves recently.

Monday Evening 14/04/2014

Ingrams cream
No name Badger
Gillette #58
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Witch Hazel (with added menthol)
Brut AS

Tingly face, these silver blues are good, paired with the #58 they did a fine job of 2 days worth of whiskers.

ttfn

Tony

Good evening, gents. What a glorious Monday evening!

IMG_5676.JPG

Hot Towel
NSS Ice & Slice - Pure Badger
Star Safety Razor - Gillette Thai Super Thin [1]
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Brut Aftershave

Face Lathered
One Pass ... all I needed

Many thanks to flip-68 for rekindling my interest in double edge shaving after a good stint of single edge and experimentation with straight edge. Phil dropped one of these into a Tech and loved the shave. I commented that I thought that would be the case, more through instinct than anything, so he sent me some to try out for myself.

Well, I am happy to report likewise - I absolutely loved the shave and the blade gave a peculiar lease of life to an otherwise seriously mild razor. I'm using a Star safety razor tonight.

History lesson - GEM ceased the name somewhere along their timeline, switching to Star for the 1912 until its final withdrawal after a brief stint also as Treet. Well, Star wound up their razor production with a double edge safety razor using a Gillette Tech style design. It's mild, perhaps milder than the later, lighter Techs.

With a Gillette Thai Super Thin strapped in, one pass was quite sufficient. Yes, I used the "Gillette Slide" on a couple of areas that I know can be problematic, but that one pass was quite sufficient for one day of growth. I got the kind of shave I get from a single pass with a slant. In fact, I'll use a slant tomorrow just to confirm.

Simple rinse down, no alum, no witch hazel, just water, splash of cold and a good splash of Brut to finish off.

Simple and effective shaving! It's so sharp, the sink was unusually full of stubble soup after that one pass, yet so gentle I could probably have pushed against my face with the razor in both hands and not drawn blood.

Thank you to flip-68 - all my Techs now have a reason other than completing a collection gathering nothing more than dust or a few and far between simple polish at the end of a problematic experimental shave with something peculiar from the early part of the twentieth century. Cheers!

Cream: T&H 1805
Brush: Omega 10098
Razor: 1960 (F3) Gillette Flare Tip Superspeed
Blade: Feather (3)
A/S: Williams Aqua Velva

All done with cold water. Been getting some ingrown hairs and tiny patches of irritation of late so thought I'd revert back for a few days. Very comfortable shave indeed.

7:00 'black' Super Platinum
Long comb New Berkshire
Professor Blighty grapeWood shaving soap
M and S Woodspice a/s
Edwin Jagger boar

Excellent. Really close yet barely any sting.

"Fat" Tuesday!
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: MWF
Brush: M&F L7 Coral 2-band
Razor: Schick injector G-type
Blade: Personna platinum (3)

Been a while since I used the "fat". This blade has seen the end of its usefulness.
_20140415_071446.JPG

Tuesday xv April, 2014

P1050233_zps72624ff5.jpg

Prep: Hot shower, Dove Men+Care Sensitive Face Wash
Pre: Tepid Water Splash
Brush: Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger Beehive
Soap: Tabac Stick grated into a bowl
Razor: Gem Micromatic OC
Blade: Gem Blue Star #2
Post: Alum, Floïd "The Genuine" ASL, Kiehl's Ultimate ASB
Fragrance: Floris Elite

Result: Very nice indeed, once again. The M&F has shot straight to the top of the league of my brushes. It really is excellent.

All the best

Jon

Back
Top Bottom