S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th Febuary to Friday 17th Febuary 2017

Tuesday 14th February 2017

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Polsliver SI (#2)
Brush: Plisson Badger
Cream: Proraso Blue
AS: Lucido

Better shave today with the Fatip Piccolo and Polsilver SI, maybe the Polsilver SI is too sharp for me in the way the Feather is. While the shave today was nice and close, and the last pass felt a bit superfluous as the blade really just glided across my face. The problem today was I could feel a mild irritation on parts of my face for some time afterwards, maybe that last pass was 1 too many, I do a 3 pass shave almost every time I shave with a DE.

Pre : Hot shower
Razor :Mongoose SE
Handle : Razorock 316 s/s 90mm x 12mm
Blade : Kai Captain Sharpblade ( 5th time used )
Brush :Semogue 1305 ( First time used )
Scuttle : Crown King
Cream : Cella Almond
A/S : Bourjois "1863" Cologne

Overall a very nice shave !
P1060799_zpsf7kt18c6.jpg

Pre : Hot shower
Razor :Mongoose SE
Handle : Razorock 316 s/s 90mm x 12mm
Blade : Kai Captain Sharpblade ( 5th time used )
Brush :Semogue 1305 ( First time used )
Scuttle : Crown King
Cream : Cella Almond
A/S : Bourjois "1863" Cologne

Overall a very nice shave !
P1060799_zpsf7kt18c6.jpg

That brush is a little peach, it does not take long to break in. Cheap at twice the price! :)

SOTD 14-02-17
Soap old spice
Brush Proyet badger two bands 26mn in centenary olive wood
Razor Wade & Butcher 6/8 time of the Queen victory
After shave old spice whitewater
Eau de toilette agua brava sea power
A special shave like every day that are special to me. I am a bon vivant.
31e3aef3ba71be7351738b91a9ca3d71.jpg

Enviado desde la guarida del lobo estepario...
Sent from the lair of the steppe wolf...

Morning gents,

I don't know what happened to me, but I bought another bloody brush. I have a problem, but it's iconic and a brush I've always wanted to try, so I went for it. A Chubby 2 in Super Badger. It arrived yesterday and after it's cleaning bath and a shampoo, I couldn't resist giving it a go.

As usual, a new brush gets treated to 1912 Cashmere. This thing holds a lot of water! First lather ended up quite wet, but was still good. The tips are lovely, the flow through was good, the brush is luxurious. It was a pleasure, even though the consistency of the lather was different to normal (my fault). I hit the soap again for the second pass with a much drier brush and was rewarded with a much thicker lather that I could easily have whipped up into enough to last for a further two or three passes... no need for that as I'm a two pass man so I was a happy bunny. Really enjoyed the brush, how similar it is to my Romera Rustic Chubby 30mm Machurian is still to be determined. They may end up being quite similar but we shall see!

In terms of the actual shave... I kind of HAD to use the King Cobra, this really did end up being a luxurious affair and I bloody love the KC. Am not at all looking forward to sending this one back to @Acer89 Paired with a Kai MG blade on its third use and me with 2/3 days stubble, it just mowed it down effortlessly, without fuss. James has said the razor dances over the face and I can understand where he is coming from, it's just a smooth operator and a real pleasure to use... As you can tell I had a great shave last night! Enjoy your day gents.

img_20170214_220318-01-jpeg.8206

Back
Top Bottom