S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th Febuary to Friday 17th Febuary 2017

R Plissoft + Dendi Southern Man
Rockwell 6S + Personna Platinum Chrome
Prep

2a58bd6aa9d5e71690a7f15094098749.jpg

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

That looks like a very well broken in and comfortable brush. [emoji1]
Greetings

Thank you, it is a nice brush and it has had a great deal of use over three or four years. This model of Semogue is my favourite boar but I have drifted away from these brushes and now prefer and tend to use synthetics more and more. I still however own quite a few boars and badger brushes and it seems a shame not to use them now and again.

Regards
Dick.

SOTD: 14th Febuary 2014.
C..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien: “Sport” shower gel & Shampoo/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Merkur 34C.

Blade: Treet Platinum. (new)

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap: Van Der Hagen.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut “Alaska” A/S.

Nivea Men Creme.

My Merkur 34C performance today was excellent, providing me with a 3 pass + pick ups,silky smooth shave with no errors to report. The Van Der Hagen soap i bloomed in hot water for 5 minutes to create a slick rich lather,i find this is how i get the best from this soap. My face feels smooth & fresh. Enjoy your Valentine's day,gentlemen.:cool:

IMG_1367.JPG Three pass routine with my Ed Brice Cleaver.Pre shave~Bluebeard's revenge shaving oil.Morrisons Menthol shaving gel.Post shave~ Lots of very cold water as usual & finished off with Old Spice original.Aveeno 24 hour lotion.Black Suede EDT before I go out to work.Won't need to shave for another three days now.Roll on the weekend.

ATT SE1 Atlas
Feather pro (5)
Bowl TSR
Vulfix bodger
TOBS sandalwood
Thayers WH , Dove ASB
D R Harris A/S
20170213_210816.jpg
Sandalwood shave today, used the shaving room bowl for a change, I mostly face lather.A great shave was the outcome, the SE1 leaving me smooth and irritation free . finished off with D R Harris, nice post shave feel with a great scent.

REGARDS PAT

image.jpg SOTD Feb 14th 2017

Razor..Schick Dial M1
Blade..Schick twin #3
Soap..Meissner Tremonia strong Scottish ( pass around )
Brush..Zenith..B03-A26 boar
Post..Thayers lavender AF witch hazel
AS..Extreme. Paul Smith

A great and very close shave with the M1 with twin blade installed, you can really feel the difference between a twin and a single blade.
The soap is fab, a wonderfull whisky/ burnt oak aroma.

Thanks to @mpf9ret for this great razor, really enjoying it. :)

Untill the next time........

Last edited:
D200AAF3-B1B6-4958-BFBB-CB473AAC499E_zpsazicraht.jpg

Second shave with my new Ikon X3 slant, superb smooth results, one of my best shaves in months.

Hot water, Body Shop Maca root face wash then four drops of Zirh shave oil.

I had a nightmare trying to face lather the OSP (to be continued on a separate thread) but the bowl lather with a squirt of Boots cool cologne cream was amazing.

Finished off with my usual Nivea Sensative Balm and L'Oreal Hydra Energetic

Tuesday...

Soap - NSS Signature Warm Spice
Brush - RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Razor - Pre-war Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Nacet #2
Post - Thayer's and Fine Platinum a/s
Smell - Dior Eau Sauvage EdP

Tremendous post-shave feel this morning, after a close, smooth trouble-free experience. Nanny's Warm Spice has a lovely cardamom-like scent and produces a fine lather.
20170213_205923.jpg

Tues 14th Feb

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Faena Sandalwood
Supply Single Edge [ * 3 plate ]
Schick "Chick " [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Quorum A/S Lotion

Sticking with the original Schicks, in a modern SE, the Supply. After a superb shave with a HFT using Faena, just had to use it today.
The Razor/Blade combo works well, and with a good lather attained an extremely comfortable shave with a good finish. Works very well on the upper lip and chin, and along the jawline where many razors fail. To put it into the top rank, I feel a slightly more aggressive plate would be of use. Just hope that the Company brings to market the one they are developing.

IMG_1160.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom