Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tues 14th Feb

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Faena Sandalwood
Supply Single Edge [ * 3 plate ]
Schick "Chick " [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Quorum A/S Lotion

Sticking with the original Schicks, in a modern SE, the Supply. After a superb shave with a HFT using Faena,
just had to use it today.
The Razor/Blade combo works well, and with a good lather attained an extremely comfortable shave with a good
finish. Works very well on the upper lip and chin, and along the jawline where many razors fail. To put it into
the top rank, I feel a slightly more aggressive plate would be of use. Just hope that the Company brings to market the one they are developing.

View attachment 23586
How is the soap ?

Afternoon all,
My Valentine's Day shave.
Decided to try the feather blade today, 1St time, apprehensively, steady as she goes, light short strokes (still on the Valentine's theme), well it didn't quite move the earth for me I'm afraid!.probably the least close shave so far, couple of small scrapes.
But, I'm feeling fresh and ready to crack open the bubbly, her ladyship has some pretty serious food delights lined up for this evening.
Wishing you all an enjoyable evening.:)
IMAG0174_1.jpg

Two other soaps worth trying, with one being the old AOS pucks made by Valobra. Still probably some NOS sealed ones still around in ebay for a reasonable price. Sandalwood is the one to grab if you like that frag.

Then you got C&S soaps which are also excellent but pretty expensive. Definitely a step up in performance from most other items, but you gotta like how they smell. Their #88 gets some wild reviews.

Martin

Great minds think alike. I've got a NOS puck of AOS Sandalwood waiting in the wings.

16463941_914896308645935_2545734434687025152_n.jpg

Brush: Stirling 24mm Finest Badger Fan
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Soap: Williams Ice Blue Shaving Cream

Finally happened, had a bad shave with the Rockwell. I have it down to three things. 1. Wrong setting, I thought I was using 2 and was using 4. 2. I had came home from an eye test so didn't have my usual prep or 3. I didn't take enough care.

I think it was a mix of all three, haven't felt as sore for a long, long time. A reminder that no matter how seasoned you are, you are fallible and can cut yourself if you're not too careful.

Monday's shave set-up.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap and Proraso Pre-shave Cream (green).
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96.
Blade - Gillette Nacet Platinum (day 3).
Soap - Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Soft Shaving Soap.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger Hair Shaving Brush.
Post shave - Proraso After Shave Lotion Splash (green) and Proraso Eucalyptus Refreshing After Shave Balm.

Nice 2 pass shave, no issues. I am not convinced with the Nacet blades. For me and I appreciate YMMV, not as smooth as the Gillette Silver Blues or the Astra SP (green). Not going to throw the towel in yet, will keep going with the Nacet's.

All the best,

Chris
I am with you on the Nacet blades, I tried them and they were no where near as good as GSB or Astra SP.

Back
Top Bottom