S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th December to Friday 16th December 2016

Thur 15th Dec

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Ever Ready Natural Angle [ HFT ]
Gem S/S [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Found that by sticking to regime- Light touch, taking care with no rush , I am getting excellent shaves with all the
Vintage SE/Injectors that I have used recently.

Today was no exception, and even with a blade on its 5th outing I got a smooth comfortable shave with the HFT.
which was probably the best I have ever had with one.

IMG_0679.jpg

Thursday AM 2016-12-15

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24mm/54mm)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Feather AS-D2/Triad Copper Rolling Hexagon
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (7)
Calvin Klein Obsession aftershave

Some have complained about the smell of the MdC soap, calling it "burned asphalt," but to my nose it is a muddy lavender, not my favorite but not at all unpleasant. And its lather and skin care are wonderful.
y3iTG24.jpg

ATT M2 & IP Personna blade
Semogue 830 & Musgo Real
Weleda AS Balm (alcohol, balm texture)
This was the best shave for the lasts few weeks, according to my Shaving Buddy app, where you can jot down scorings for every shave you take. Maybe this is a good blade with this OC razor, for me. Weleda, definitely, becomes in my balm to go, but Bull Dog is to a very close distance.
Have a beauty journey, gentlemen.

599c6f078a328b11e64aaa330743eaa1.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

What is the shaving buddy app you use?

Thursday 15th December 2016
SOTD 15 Dec.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower and Proraso Red
Razor: Gillette Tech Thin Handle
Blade: Gillette Platinum (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver tip
Cream: L'Occitane Cade
AS: 4711 + Nivea Replenishing Balm

First outing for the Hans Baier Sliver tip brush, what a fantastic brush, it produced more lather in less time than my other brushes and it feels wonderful and this is just the first time use.

Also a first time use of Gillette Platinum, pretty good close shave. I think the blade works well with the Tech, only niggle was some minor irritation post shave but that soon faded post AS and Balm application. I will happily use up the rest of the pack, but so far it is not going on my must buy it again list, just going on the I would buy it again list. I will be trying this blade in my other DE razors to see how it performs.

Thursday AM 2016-12-15

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24mm/54mm)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Feather AS-D2/Triad Copper Rolling Hexagon
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (7)
Calvin Klein Obsession aftershave

Some have complained about the smell of the MdC soap, calling it "burned asphalt," but to my nose it is a muddy lavender, not my favorite but not at all unpleasant. And its lather and skin care are wonderful.
y3iTG24.jpg

I read the "burned asphalt" comment and I don't get that either. The scent of MdC is one of mine and more importantly my wife's favorite.

Razor: Gillette Executive Gold Adjustable Fat Boy (F 1) 1960.
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (1)
Brush: DFS LE Nathan Clark Envy White Handle Aluminum Color, Anodized Dark Bronze.
Soap: Reef Point Soaps Classic Barbershop
Aftershave: Myrsol F./Extra

A very close comfortable 3 pass shave with a cleanup. This is a new blade to me so I'll wait for a few shaves before I comment. The Classic Barbershop has a clean, masculine scent reminiscent of traditional barbershop aftershave with hints of orange peel and spices. Lathers up very well. Again I didn't find it as slick as some of the other soaps I have.
Very cold and windy day today. A severe Winter storm warning is in effect. Baden down the hatches.
15 15 16b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom