S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th December to Friday 16th December 2016

Friday 16th

Soap - P & B Star Noir
Brush - Semogue 1470 boar
Face lather
Razor - Schick E3 SE
Blade - Personna Injector #2
Post - Thayer's and Floïd MV

Smashing shave today. The E3 really is a great razor. It gets the reputation of being more 'aggressive' than other Schicks but, for me, I don't notice any difference between it and my G8. They both give outstanding shaves with either the Chinese Schicks or the Personna injectors.

Yuletide approaches, Folks. Hope you and yours are well.

S.
View attachment 22674
+ 1 on the 1470 boar & Floïd MV..wonderful products great performers they never fail to give me excellent results.Regards.;)

What are the gifting rules and import taxes there? Certainly you don't need to pay taxes on every Christmas gift sent to you?
I don't know about the rules as far as gifting goes, if there is a tax on it you can be sure it will be charged! If they could tax fresh air they would!! :) taxes and death, the only things you can guarantee.....

dT0Gy3wl.png

Kanayama 50000 | Tanifuji.F CK77 13/16 | Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic |
Wickham Soap Co. 'Classic 24' | Fine Platinum Aftershave

Enjoy the rest of the evening gents!

Friday 16th December 2016
SOTD 16 DEC.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower and Proraso Red
Razor: Ikon Shavecraft 101 with OSS handle
Blade: Gillette Platinum (#2)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver tip
Cream: L'Occitane Cade
AS: 4711 + Nivea Replenishing Balm

Gillette Platinum seems to work quite well in the Ikon 101, will try the blade again in the Fatip Piccolo on Monday. SE shave tomorrow Ikon El Jefe or Shick Injector, but definitely going to try the Hans Baier out on some soap, Cella or my Nanny's Old Grey Bristle Test.

Razor: Gillette Executive Gold Adjustable Fat Boy (F 1) 1960.
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (2)
Brush: Rubberset 400 Unmarked w/Omega Pro 49 knot
Soap: Route 66 Barbershop Hop
Aftershave: Old Spice Fresh Lime

Outstanding near BBS shave tonight with products I really enjoy. The Route 66 is a nostalgic stroll down memory lane with this light, clean, slightly sharp powdery fragrance. Bright orange zest, mingled with hints of aromatic spices reminiscent of a splash of aftershave in a traditional barbershop. This soap is as slick as slick can be. I don't believe I've used a shave soap that is more slick than a Route 66 shave soap. I think I could paint a house with this brush. This is truly a lather monster. The finish with Old Spice Fresh Lime was the icing on the cake.
16 12 16.jpg

Shave of the day.
Great evening shave with some great UK products.
Preshave: Neville Barbers Preshave oil
Soap: Phonix & Beau Sanskrit
Brush: Omega Professionel Red handle
Razor: Razorock Handle & MÜHLE R41 Open comp head
Postshave: Nivea postshave balm & Neville barbers Organic Splash
Review of the soap can be find at Nick Sorrell's youtube channelIMG_20161216_195825.jpg

Back
Top Bottom