c1ad23d5a47834256a424e4897b5651e.jpg

Saturday...menthol as anything:

Cream - Proraso Mentol e Eucalypti
Brush - Edwin Jagger Medium Best Badger
Face lather
Razor - Star 1912
Blade - Gem Personna
Post - Thayer's and Proraso Mentol e Eucalypti a/s

The Star's a nice shaver. Gave it a whirl today; but probably a bit soon after yesterday's removal of two day's growth with the Schick E3. It'll come into its own with more whiskers to plow. Good razor for its age though; the spring pressure snaps the lid back with authority. DFS ++1.
20161217_121335.jpg

Razor: Gillette Executive Gold Adjustable Fat Boy (F 1) 1960.
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (2)
Brush: Rubberset 400 Unmarked w/Omega Pro 49 knot
Soap: Route 66 Barbershop Hop
Aftershave: Old Spice Fresh Lime

Outstanding near BBS shave tonight with products I really enjoy. The Route 66 is a nostalgic stroll down memory lane with this light, clean, slightly sharp powdery fragrance. Bright orange zest, mingled with hints of aromatic spices reminiscent of a splash of aftershave in a traditional barbershop. This soap is as slick as slick can be. I don't believe I've used a shave soap that is more slick than a Route 66 shave soap. I think I could paint a house with this brush. This is truly a lather monster. The finish with Old Spice Fresh Lime was the icing on the cake.
View attachment 22681

Gorgeous pic, and a great "Old School" shave.

So in the spirit of our some of our greatest explorers like Douglas and Clint, with brush and razor in one pocket, and camera in the other, I ventured out to brave the perilous wilds of territories just known as Mrs. Pickled's gardens.

At the summit of Mt Neopolitan:

abadab6f2e92c3de0b571d45cb7d9074.jpeg

Blackbird ~ Doug Korn DK7 with Envy White ~ Stirling Gentleman

After overcoming the arctic and completing my arduous eighth mile trek to the mailbox and back, my gear needed unloading, and a celebretory nip needed to be poured.

d801ec37d53c0aac46a05c5c6fcf03e3.jpg

***Hope everybody understands that I took these pictures in advance, and am not drinking Makers Mark out of a jelly jar at 6:30 in the morning. At least not on this particular morning. [emoji1]

So in the spirit of our some of our greatest explorers like Douglas and Clint, with brush and razor in one pocket, and camera in the other, I ventured out to brave the perilous wilds of territories just known as Mrs. Pickled's gardens.

At the summit of Mt Neopolitan:

abadab6f2e92c3de0b571d45cb7d9074.jpeg

Blackbird ~ Doug Korn DK7 with Envy White ~ Stirling Gentleman

After overcoming the arctic and completing my arduous eighth mile trek to the mailbox and back, my gear needed unloading, and a celebretory nip needed to be poured.

d801ec37d53c0aac46a05c5c6fcf03e3.jpg

***Hope everybody understands that I took these pictures in advance, and am not drinking Makers Mark out of a jelly jar at 6:30 in the morning. At least not on this particular morning. [emoji1]

Great post! Your efforts are appreciated. The brush looks stunning!
My Blackbird has left Chicago this morning, fingers crossed it arrived before Christmas.

I'll be partaking in a single malt or two tonight, cheers.

Great post! Your efforts are appreciated. The brush looks stunning!
My Blackbird has left Chicago this morning, fingers crossed it arrived before Christmas.

I'll be partaking in a single malt or two tonight, cheers.

Thank you, Sir. Congrats on the razor, it is one of the greats. I know we hear it all the time, but this one really did ruin me for buying DE's. Like stopped me in my tracks.

Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom