Proraso Green A/S

Great effort today

Gillette Aristocrat #15
Rapira Super Stainless (3)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Valobra Sapone per barba
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Serge Lutens Chergui edp

Very protective, yoghurt-like lather. Best for a while. I need it with this razor as it bites more often than not. Nice shave though.

Prep: FitjarSoap Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum
Brush: Frank Shaving Finest
Cream: The Body Shop Maca Root Cream
Aftershave: Lucido
Moisturiser: Fitjarsoap Shea Butter Moisturiser.

So I had me another shave. Three days since the last one. It took me two days to get over the irritations my last shave gave me, so I went with what I consider to be my safest choice.
The combination of the EJ89 and the Indian 7 o'clock has always been a fantastic match for me. And the TBS cream is just as wonderful. The result was a nick & irritation free DFS.
I ended the show with a new performer from Japan, the famous Lucido aftershave.
Very nice. It smelled like Greek liquor, but that smell disappeared almost instantly.

It felt good to be clean shaven again :)

I've not posted for a while but still been lurking.
Got a couple of new purchases. Some Super Max super platinum blades and a nice selection of Nanny's Silly Soaps. Anyway on to this evenings shave.
Merkur Progress on 3
Super Max Super Platinum
Coates Fitzwilliam brush
Ice & a Slice soap
Tabac aftershave.

This has got to be one of my best shaves yet. The Ice & a slice was the best soap I have tried so far. Great lather and great feeling afterwards.

Burgundy said:
Gillette Aristocrat #15

Very protective, yoghurt-like lather. Best for a while. I need it with this razor as it bites more often than not.

I never could get comfortable with that beautiful bloodsucking bastard. Oh yeah, you mentioned before, something about me needing a #66. You are probably right.......never tried one. Pretty rare to find those in the wilds around Chicago. Still though, I can't see it taking over any razors in my go to selection. Heh, who knows.

Prep: Hot Wash
Pre: BBR Pre shave Oil
Soap: Boots Cool cologne
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: 1912 Ever Ready
Blade: GEM
AS: Bulldog Original AS Balm

2z49r2s.jpg

Hot shower & 3P
Semogue 1305
DR Harris Windsor soap
Shavecraft 101 head on custom handle
Personna Red (1)
TOBS Sandalwood AS

First try with the shavecraft head, it's very mild, almost tech like but did the job with no dramas a very smooth shave, definitely one you could use in a hurry.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Simpsons best
1934 type Aristocrat/Iridium
J. Peterman 1903 SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Fourth and final shave with this almost 80 year old razor. If I had to, I could use this open comb type every day with good comfort. I can't say the same for most other OC types......that's for sure. Its light, but well balanced, which makes the weight not a big deal. Plus, it do gimme a close shave. Glad to have that piece in the arsenal.

This shaving cream is really good. Been using it for maybe five years now. Very good performance and quite a classy scent to rival Pens and the like.

BBS results,

Martin

Prep - shower
Mitchell's wool fat soap
Taylors of Bond Street pure badger brush
Gillette 'new' open comb razor (first use) with Feather platinum blade
Osma alum block
L,occitane bavx balm
Armani pot home ext

First shave with the Gillette 'new' open comb which I received in the post today, recently purchased from eBay. Lovely little razor. Would like to know a bit more about these if anyone has any info?
I believe this razor is around 80-90 years old? Unused in very good condition for age in original cardboard packaging, and still had the original blade in the pack. Very nice looking razor. My first "new" razor since using a standard parker three piece for some years now. I am now looking to buy more razors to get a little collection going. I can see this becoming quite addictive...

Click 'the New' and compare what you have to the pictures: http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Gillette%20Rasierer.htm

I also procured a very respectable 'New' recently, had one shave with it (I'd already tried one that I was leant) and fell in love with it immediately. The feedback was so nice. Yes, aggressive, but that really forces you to make the lightest touches. Feather was a good choice - they prefer sharp blades, in my opinion.

You'll find the Tech and some of the TTOs mild by comparison, but that is also a pleasure to drive sometimes. Look out for a good Tech - there are so many in very good to excellent to new/old stock for £10-£15 you should have the pick of the bunch. British Parat is a nice TTO. I'm not big on Super Speeds, but they're well enjoyed by many today and can shift for a pretty penny. Of course the Fat Boys and Slims are where the money is at. How about an 'Old'? Again, some respectable items do come up.

First post? Welcome aboard, BTW.

Tuesday 5th November

Brush: Omega 10810
Soap: Arko- Face lathered
Razor: templ8 handle with EJ head
Blade: Lord Platinum Class

Again, not a great shave. I'm finding the heavier handle to be a touch too aggressive again. Nicked a spot on my chin which only stopped bleeding with the witch hazel, and left a few bits around my chin a bit sore. One more, slower, more careful shave with this razor and blade, and if it's not good, ill go back to the Barley handle.

Monday evening

Clinique soap
Merkur Progress XL
Bic Chrome Platinum
Semogue SOC boar
Prep soap
Old Spice Whitewater

Three new products in one shave last night, the Bic, Prep and Semogue. Very impressed with all three as well.

Have to say I think the handle on the Semogue is possibly the best I'v yet used on a brush, it's superb.

Really excellent, comfortable shave which is still feeling close and smooth this morning. Good stuff.

Wednesday

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue 2012 SE
Muhle R89
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow
Pinaud Clubman
Fitjar Mint ASB

Another top shave from the R89. BBS results.

Wednesday:

Morning, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: Astra SP (5)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: QED Special 213
A/S: Pahana Bay Rum
Cologne: Giorgio for Men

Much better than yesterday and an accidental BBS.

Wednesday vi November, 2013

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea Q10 Facial Wash
Pre: Proraso White Pre
Brush: Invisible Edge Extra Silvertip Buffalo Horn
Cream: Proraso Red
Razor: Digress HD
Blade: Crown Red #3
Post: Home brewed Lemon tea tree mentholated WH, Zirh Post Shave Solution

Result: Two passes on #5. Surprisingly good shave. Only one more shave from the Proraso tube, so one tube out of my pantry. What to try and run down next...? Decisions, decisions.....

All the best Gents,

Jon

Back
Top Bottom