Hot flannel
TOBS Grapefruit cream bowl lathered
Simpson Commodore x3 best badger brush
Gillette 1925 New Improved Big Fellow
Personna Lab Blue (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol Lemon aftershave

All ok, decent shave no drama. I'm using an open comb razor for all my shaves this month. Over on the 'other' forum there's a thread on it (I'm not a member there but fancied the idea of OC October) :blush:

Japanese Eiko ysk.2 Yasuki steel full hollow 13/16
Kanayama cordovan # 8000
Bill Jack Le Tuft 59 in buckeye burl
Mitchell's wool fat
Alum & Thayers rose & aloe toner
Kiehl's aftershave balm
Guerlain vetiver Edt

The Eiko ysk.2 is a fine razor and a superb shaver.

1bc01f7a-d6f2-43a7-aeb4-36fbaff2d5f1_zps97dd429f.jpg~original

Tabactober

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Ikon #101 head + Weber Bulldog handle
Blade: Astra SP (3)
After: Muelhens 4711 AS, Tabac ASB

Full steam ahead with the Tabac this fresh October morning.

Third time using the Ikon #101 and although it is very easy and comfortable to use I think it needs a little more bite; then it would be like the Weber polished. Next time I shave with it I think I'll add a shim and see how it behaves.
Result DFS and smelling fab.

SOTD20131003_zpsb71d2bb9.jpg

Thursday 10-03-13. MUSIC: Billie Holiday Collection.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3VWKEtkgBY[/video]

05d9ff18-d5d0-4bf2-afa0-176fa622174a.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Merkur 11C - Polsilver #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Gibbs Nº53 - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Bowling Green.

Wednesday 10-02-13. MUSIC: Billie Holiday - Lady In Satin (1958).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQXNinqFDNQ[/video]

d72b0af9-e297-4065-a001-bf32eb26dc24.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Merkur 11C - Polsilver #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Castle Forbes Lime - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Castle Forbes Lime - ASL Honeybee Gardens Key Lime.

I don't know how but I forgot the wednesday SOTD. Better late than never. :angel:

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
Schick F type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
Xpec SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Last three shaves have been with the same razor/blade/cream trio. In a groove here, especially with this injector. Craziest thing, but I really like it. This shaving cream is pretty darn good, I gotta say.

BBS results,

Martin

dodgy said:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
Schick F type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
Xpec SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Last three shaves have been with the same razor/blade/cream trio. In a groove here, especially with this injector. Craziest thing, but I really like it. This shaving cream is pretty darn good, I gotta say.

BBS results,

Martin

Your fairly pushing that Xpec monkey, Martin! May just have to go and re-read your review. :icon_wink:

Scott.

Sm304 said:
Your fairly pushing that Xpec monkey, Martin!

Scott.

I am enjoying the stuff, having not had it around for a bunch of months. It's rare for me to use any cream, let alone three days in a row, but it works well. Heh, the scent is one I still can't say what's up with. It's just so unusual for me to be sniffing. It do perform well, in any case.

You wanna try some.......send me a message.

Thursday afternoon

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather AS-D1
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: SOC Boar
Soap: MWF
A/S: Aqua Velva
Balm: Mennen Afta

Sticking with the Boar theme still. Tried the "Marco" method. Wet puck, soaked brush, let it drip but no shake or squeeze.

Loaded brush for 90 or so swirls and the MWF exploded! Then face lathered. Needed to build lather up on the face, but it was awesome.

Razor is definitely not "mild" but does need a lot of concentration to get and keep the angle spot on.

Velva and Afta are in my favourite pile!

Third DE shave ...

IMG_3132.JPG

I decided to try out a Wilkinson Sword blade (black plastic packet). Any ideas where they're made? I think I read Russia.

Anyway, this is the first of what I'd call a "daily DE shave". Practically all of my "cartridge face" issues are gone - the swelling is down, blotchiness gone, ingrowers all healed bar one and the only nick on my face was from a play with a shavette last night. That didn't bleed. Nothing bled.

Shower and hot towel.
Nuage Men Shaving Oil.
BBR Shaving Cream with a Pure Badger brush for lather.
Merkur 23C.
Wilkinson Sword blade (Black plastic case).
Hot rinse after each pass.
Cold rinse and 30-60 seconds cold massage.
Witch Hazel to tone.
Brut Aftershave Lotion.
Later ... E45.

2x WTG 1X XTG Neck & Cheeks ATG ... I meant not to. Being my third DE shave, I hoped to get a better shave from perfecting the angle and going WTG. In other news, my lather (which I thought perfect last night) was even better tonight. So, just my top lip a little rougher.

Good shave. Much enjoyed. I like the Wilkinson Sword blade, but I much preferred the PolSilver Super Iridium I tried last night. I think I have a good daily blade in the Wilko.

Music? Again, The Sisters of Mercy 'Floodland' LP (yes, on vinyl).

EDIT: Even later ... top lip with a shavette and a Gillette 7 o'Clock Green/Russian. It was annoying me.

dodgy said:
Sm304 said:
Your fairly pushing that Xpec monkey, Martin!

Scott.

I am enjoying the stuff, having not had it around for a bunch of months. It's rare for me to use any cream, let alone three days in a row, but it works well. Heh, the scent is one I still can't say what's up with. It's just so unusual for me to be sniffing. It do perform well, in any case.

You wanna try some.......send me a message.

Thanks Martin, a tad too late. I bit the bullet and with a wee tad of difficulty and a whole heap of google translate, a thedifferentscent.de order has been placed. So some of this should be with me soon. After reading your review, it jogged my memory and reminded me of a similar conversation on a thread with your good self which ended up with me popping out and picking up some C&S No.88 soap. Very good soap that one too. :)

If anyone else is interested I ordered it from here: http://www.thedifferentscent.de/product_info.php?cPath=2_9&products_id=719

Scott.

Back
Top Bottom