S.O.T.D. Sat. 28st Sept. to Frid. 4th October. 2013

Sm304 said:
Your fairly pushing that Xpec monkey, Martin!

I bit the bullet and with a wee tad of difficulty and a whole heap of google translate, a thedifferentscent.de order has been placed. So some of this should be with me soon. After reading your review, it jogged my memory and reminded me of a similar conversation on a thread with your good self which ended up with me popping out and picking up some C&S No.88 soap. Very good soap that one too. :)

If anyone else is interested I ordered it from here: http://www.thedifferentscent.de/product_info.php?cPath=2_9&products_id=719

Scott.

Thanks for that link to where mine came from as well. Yeah, that C&S is excellent stuff and you should like the way Xpec smells. I'll be curious how you find the performance and if the scent reminds you of the way #88 hits you..

Martin

Vulfix bodger
Edelcream (cheers hairysuite)
Gillette fatboy (courtesy of dodgy)
Scottish perma-sharp (hairysuite again)
Arko yagli kreme

Had 4 days growth to get through tonight so dialled the fatboy up to nine for the first pass, second and third pass on number five. The edelcream is pretty good stuff with excellent slip and just enough cushion. It has a really nice scent which is not too strong but just poking its head through the 4711 and combining to create something wonderful. Not quite a bbs as i am still learning this razors qwerks, but damn fine nonetheless.

daz said:
Vulfix bodger
Edelcream (cheers hairysuite)
Gillette fatboy (courtesy of dodgy)
Scottish perma-sharp (hairysuite again)
Arko yagli kreme

Had 4 days growth to get through tonight so dialled the fatboy up to nine for the first pass, second and third pass on number five. The edelcream is pretty good stuff with excellent slip and just enough cushion. It has a really nice scent which is not too strong but just poking its head through the 4711 and combining to create something wonderful. Not quite a bbs as i am still learning this razors qwerks, but damn fine nonetheless.

You are welcome Sir, but where did you get the Arko Yagli Kreme? :p:p:p

Friday 4th October

Brush: NF 2041
Soap: PannaCrema San Francesco
Razor: Schick L Type
Blade: Personna (8)

Great shave. This little brush is pretty damn good, for such a bargain price too! I am more of a boar man, but I definitely won't be getting rid of this brush any time soon, I really enjoy using this. The PC is very nice, I love the scent of the this soap, and it seems it will last me a long long time, it looks barely touched still. Very nice overall.

Weber Polished, Bulldog
Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Proraso Sandalwood soap
Proraso Aftershave lotion
Diptyque Tam Dao edt

Open Evening last night, which meant I was back around 9 (another 14 hour day - another lazy teacher clocking in!). Red card of misery was on the mat. Shame, as I'm excitedly waiting on a #16 from missingskin and the PO collection point has ridiculous opening times and I'm away over the weekend. I've decided to go at 7 this morning and get into work later than usual.

A nice, sandalwoody shave.

Good morning,

Friday morning shave:

C.V. Heljestrand Eskilstuna, No 31 5/8"
Custom Finest Badger (TGN)-Omega Handle
D.R. Harris Levander, soap
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5" Latigo Leather
Floid Suave

%25CE%2591%25CE%25BD%25CF%2584%25CE%25AF%25CE%25B3%25CF%2581%25CE%25B1%25CF%2586%25CE%25BF+%25CE%25B1%25CF%2580%25CF%258C+SOTD-04-10-2013-1.JPG

Friday 4 Oct 2013

Good morning,

Prep: Nivea face scrub
Razor: 7 O'Clock OC
Blade: Indian 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (Black)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

Another very smooth shave this morning. Third time around for this blade and it's still very good. First use of the 830 with a Tabac stick – excellent lather. Result: near-BBS with little effort.

Lou

Greetings

Friday 4th October 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Merkur 37c Slant
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp Carbon
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Cream: Speick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Just super super close but one weeper.

I really like these Carbon blades they have a tiny bit of tug to them (as do most carbon blades) but none at all in this razor. I've read postings by many of you saying the Merkur slant is not blade sensitive and I believe that is correct.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04687.JPG

thursday evening

Prep : Clinique face soap
Razor : R41/Ikon
Blade : Feather
Brush : Kent BLK12
Soap : MWF
Post shave : Old Spice Whitewater

Wanted to try the R41 with the Ikon handle but been so busy playing with the Progress I just hadn't got round to it. So 2 days growth so even decided to go for it and put a Feather in it.

amazing shave, the extra weight of the Ikon handle just makes so much more sense for the R41 head.

Fantastic lather with the Kent and MWF as well. I am really enjoying using this brush.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Friday 4th October 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Merkur 37c Slant
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp Carbon
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Cream: Speick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Just super super close but one weeper.

I really like these Carbon blades they have a tiny bit of tug to them (as do most carbon blades) but none at all in this razor. I've read postings by many of you saying the Merkur slant is not blade sensitive and I believe that is correct.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04687.JPG

Ooh! Speick. I was just reading about their aftershave. How's the cream?

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
Omega 11137, Cella
Feather AS-D2, Polsilver SI (2)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave healer

I believe the expression is: meh!
I quite like the AS-D2... but the Progress and the Weber shave better (both at a third of the price). It's now on the "endangered species" list.

On the other hand the Omega brush just keeps getting better... whizzes up a lather in seconds on any soap I have

Fridayday:

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette Superthin (7)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Real Shaving Company
A/S: Ricardo's Sport, Black
Cologne: Kiss Him

Excellent end of week shave, close and clean.

Back
Top Bottom