White Rabbits!

Prep: Shower, Lucky Tiger Face Wash
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger Travel Brush
Cream: Shulton Old Spice
Razor: Digress LD
Blade: Personna Lab Prep #1
Cologne: Penhaligon's Endymion

Result: Splendid, simply splendid. I watched a Mantic59 video last night on advanced techniques, so employed some j-hooking manoeuvres to tidy up the last tricky bits. Bit of a push on the Old Spice cream now to finish it and have one tube less to choose from.

All the best

Jon

First shave of the month:

Henckels Friodur 5/8"
Dimitri's, home made tallow based soap (lot 150813)
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5" Latigo Leather
D.R. Harris Winsdor ASL
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

Have a nice day.

%25CE%2591%25CE%25BD%25CF%2584%25CE%25AF%25CE%25B3%25CF%2581%25CE%25B1%25CF%2586%25CE%25BF+%25CE%25B1%25CF%2580%25CF%258C+SOTD-1-10-2013.JPG

Plugged my phone in to charge without switching it on at the wall, therefore no alarms = waking up an hour late + no time for a shave. Never mind, it means the shave tomorrow will be even better.

Monday evening

Prep : clinique face soap
Razor : Merkur Progress XL
Blade : Bolzano
Brush : Kent BLK12
Soap : Proraso green tub
Post shave : Proraso AS

Just over a year ago the blzano became the first pack of blades in my den to be used up, but I only bought 4 packs due to the cost of them. Last night was the first time I've used them in nearly a year. What a numpty - the combo with the Progress was exceptional, screw the cost I think I need more of these.

The combo of Kent and Proraso green tub was also amazing, so much lather.

Have to say that some 12 hours later my face is still fairly smooth.

Has to be one of the best shaves I've had, close and comfortable and using the Kent just adds a little luxury to top it all off.

This is why I moved away from carts. blissful.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
Schick F type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS 1969)
Xpec SC
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Tom Ford 'Azure Lime' EdP

First shave using the Xpec after a long time without any in the arsenal. Just as good as I remember it........reminds me of Penhaligons cream for ease of lathering and performance. Very nice stuff, with a scent I am still trying to wrap my nose around.

Heh, this old razor (1940-41) continues to give me a tremendous shave.

BBS results,

Martin

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: T&H No.10 cream
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Ikon #101 head + Weber Bulldog handle
Blade: Astra SP (1)
After: Old Spice AS, Limes Skin Food

First time using this razor and second time with this cream.

The Ikon is very easy to use, it didn't even feel like it was cutting. Seems like quite a mild razor. I think I need more practice with this one.
The result was DFS but not BBS, it wasn't as close as I get with the Progress etc. Mind you, it was the same when started using my Weber Polished, only DFS at first but after a few shaves started to get BBS.

I like the T&H cream, it does resemble Bodyshop's Macca Root but with a more perfumed scent. Excellent performance, so if you're thinking of getting Macca root, try out Sainsburys for T&H, it's only £4 a tub at the moment.

SOTD131001_zps9a309e2e.jpg

Greetings

Tuesday 1st October 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready Natural Angle
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Wilkinson Sword stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Regards
Dick.

DSC04677.JPG

Tuesday 10-01-13. MUSIC: Chet Baker - The Italian Sessions (1962).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztt2hNlBgDE[/video]

e1d6ab2b-1490-44cc-a8b8-cca808de5d4b.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Merkur 11C - Polsilver #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream TOBS Avocado - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Korres - ASL Grey Flannel.

Tuesday

RazoRock XXX
NF Tubby 2
Ikon slant/JEC handle
Voskhod
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

I've used the Slant head that I acquired from the BST for the past couple of shaves. Both have been great. I had a slant before, a 39C, that I didn't get on too well with and sold. I'm getting on much better with this, probably down to technique.

Easy BBS.

Tuesday 1st October

SOTD11013_zpscf7d0586.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
TOBS Lavender cream bowl lathered
Simpson Milk churn best badger brush
Gillette 1928 New Improved gold
Racer (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Comfortable shave. I've had the Racer blades for a while now but only decided to give them a try today. I wasn't expecting much from them. My favourite super sharp blade is the Sputnik. Racers compared to the Sputnik are no where near as sharp but easy to use without fear of irritation. I had to work at my chin area to get it clean. I will use the blade one more time making it a 2 shave blade for me. They are cheap so no problem there.

Back
Top Bottom