S.O.T.D Sat. 23rd Nov. to Frid.29th Nov. 2013

Thursday afternoon

Prep: Hot splash
Razor: Gem Micromatic OC
Blade: Gem (2)
Brush: Custom JEC Silvertip
Soap: Klar Kabinett
A/S: 4711

3 pass BBS. First time with this razor and this soap. Razor on loan from SM304, soap given to me by a very generous friend.

Combination of this soap and 4711 has left my skin feeling really good, with not a hint of a nick or weeper.

I was told this razor is a vampire, but I am liking it a lot already. 4711 aftershave is a must for anyone who has not tried it. Superb aftershave, with great aftercare properties.

Have a great day!

Thursday 28th November

SOTD281113_zpse4d22b9c.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
TOBS Rose cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Emperor 1 super badger brush
Gillette NEW Big Boy
Gillette 7 o'clock super stainless (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol F/extra aftershave

Lovely clean and comfortable shave. The last for the super stainless a different razor and blade set up for tomorrow. :)

Well, it is certainly no R41.

It is efficient and comfortable. I was not particularly cautious with it, and I did use it on 2 days worth of stubble....

I would urge you to give it a go. Nothing ventured!

:icon_razz:

pjgh said:
I've read similar reputations of the MMOC. I've yet to pluck up the courage to try mine ...

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Personna Super Platinum Chrome (NOS)
Xpec SC
Neutrogena oil free moisture
vintage Old Spice aftershave (1970s) used as cologne

Great razor, blade, and shaving cream. This old blade is about perfect for me. I know it's real sharp, but it's still so forgiving that I can bear down like a cartridge in a few rough areas. It's got the helping benefit of using a mild razor.......even going ATG is comfortable.

BBS results,

Martin

Gem Jr Bar SE Razor
Gem Stainless Steel Coated blade
New Forest 2204
Ingrams Lather Shave Cream
Witch Hazel Gel
Proraso Old Formula Balm

4 days growth gone, slight irritation, probably due to overdoing it on touch ups.

Tech 1973
Polsilver (2)
Bodger
Speick soap and A/S lotion
Quorum aftershave just to smell good

Love this tech. It's tiny but effective. The angle of the Gillette heads just suit me. Coupled with the SI and i had the smoothest easiest shave yet.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
New Forest 1901, Nanny's hard soap - Cedarwood & Vetyver
Digress HD (#2), Rapira SS (3)
Cold splash
Proraso AS balm

First go with the Digress... so a bit of new razor trepidation here. Very nice... it's like the Progress with... erm... knobs on! I set it on #2 (usual setting with the Progress) but it seemed to have a touch more bite. The calibration seems the same as my Progress... and no discernible oddities with blade gap or alignment (looks perfect to me)... so maybe the difference is in the weight and balance. Lovely razor to use anyway.

Tried out the Proraso balm (a freebie with the razor) to see how it compares to my usual Clinique. Well... it compares very well and I'm likely to order a bottle of the stuff.

THURSDAY EVENING

Busy week this week. Am on a course to upgrade my MCSA to Server 2012 so have been studying like a mofo at nights. Not had much time for shaving or anything else!

Anyhow, managed to clear my scruffy stubble tonight.

Prep: Warm water rinse
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in Best
Soap: Irisch Moos - face lathered
Razor: Schick Adjustable
Blade: Chick

Very nice indeed. Set the Schick to 4 and away I went. I reckon I've had about 6 shaves out of this blade so far.

Face wash with Pears soap
Feather Artist Club SS - Pro Blade
Culmak Style Butterscotch 20mm Finest
Proraso Red Soap
Proraso Green A/S

Another successful outing.

Back
Top Bottom