S.O.T.D Sat. 23rd Nov. to Frid.29th Nov. 2013

Prep: Hot shower, followed by Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: D.R.Harris Arlington
Brush: California Redwood Burl handle, 24mm TGN Finest 2-band
Razor: ATT M1 plate w/iKon bulldog handle
Blade: SuperMax Super Platinum (1)
ASB: Village Barber balm

First time using this SS head. Very similar to the DE89 head in aggressiveness, but less aggressive than the Weber head. Nice comfortable shave with zero irritation.

'ey up! ^ I keep reading about Myrsol. I must try out the range.

Drink of choice tonight is Whyte & MacKay with Ginger Wine.
Music? The sweet sound of silence ... and shaved whiskers.

IMG_4240.JPG

Hot towels
OO/Olbas Oil PSO
NSS Unscented Goat Milk OO Shaving Soap
Pure Badger Brush
Merkur 23C/Astra Platinum [2]
Hot Rinse
Cold Rinse
Alum Wash/Rinse
WH/Olbas Oil Toner
Jovan Musk

1x WTG followed by just a polish ATG (2 days growth)

Ahhhhh! Loved it ... not quite as smooth as I expected to find the Astra Platinum (not in the Muhle R41 or the Merkur 23C) but a good shave nevertheless without issue, just a good, close, clean shave.

I am firmly of the opinion that olive oil is so good for my routine and I cannot get enough of it. Olive oil PSO and shaving soap leaves me feeling fantastic afterwards and the tonic with aftershave splash does not dry me out. Folks with sensitive skin could do worse ... give it a trial, though - one day is not going to give you a miracle.

Thursday xxviii November, 2013

Prep: Hot shower, L'Oreal Purifying Face Wash
Brush: Coates FitzWilliam Pure Badger
Soap: La Toja / Palmolive sticks grated together with a pea sized addition of Shulton Old Spice cream
Razor: Timor Open Comb 1350K
Blade: Sputnik #4
Post: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic, Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus ASB
Fragrance: Muehlens 4711

Result: Very nice indeed. As with sport great combinations make for a winning team. Timor & Sputnik; FitzWilliam brush and my frankensoap.. just work well together.

Jon

Wednesday's Wanderings:

Gillette '58, Permasharp Super
Omega 20102
Boots Shave Bowl
Boots Freshwood AS
Boots Freshwood ASB

Fairly decent.

Wednesday

T&H 1805 cream
New Forest Tubby 2
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem blade
Steve's Barbershop Bay Rum
Fitjar Mint ASB
T&H Trafalgar EdC

This morning was my first use of the T&H 1805 cream, what a lovely scent and the performance was good too. Top drawer shave with the Streamline. All finished off with Steve's Bay Rum (which is rapidly running out) and Trafalgar EdC. Quite a nautical theme this morning.

MRglo as face wash.
La Toja shave stick.
New forest super badger brush.
Muhle R89 with Personna red #2.
Village Barber aftershave balm.
Laura Biagiotti Roma Uomo EDT.

Nice shave, no nicks, the La toja soap is great stuff.

Wedneasday evening

Feather Popular
Feather
Vie-Long horsehair brush
Proraso green tub soap
Proraso Splash

Nice, comfortable and smooth shave. The Feather combo is such a nice shave that I'm even going to try and use the Feather blade tonight for a second shave.

Really enjoying using the VL horsehair brush. Can't get over how soft it use to use and love the handle on it, shame the horsey smell is still a little too prevalent at the moment but it'll go. considering how cheap this was I can see myself getting one of the higher end horsehair brushes.

Greetings

Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick G1 Injector
Blade: Personna Stainless coated
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Just about as near to perfect as I can get. I always find it intriguing that on some days for no reason you can identify and using well tried equipment you regularly use, you just get a sublime shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04943.JPG

Morning all,

Usual shower prep,
T&H 1805 cream
Progress(#2)
Supermax Blue Diamond
Omega Boar
Witch Hazel
Weleda ASB
Trumpers Cologne Edt

First time with 1805, scent and lather both excellent. Might invest in the ASB !

Some re-branded Vulfix Super Badger brush which hasn't much backbone
Weber SS Bulldog Handle
Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus
Stirling Barbershop
Water ala private well , as per the ongoing conversation, we live in the Irish country side where there's no public water supply
Aqua Velva

I just had this shave because I wanted to try out the Rubie blade.. it's only been about 16 hours since I previously shaved.

Very pleasant, the floppy brush was a tad disappointing...

Thursday 11-28-13. MUSIC: Johnny Winter - The Progressive Blues Experiment (1968).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrQeIJm41dk[/video]

cd19a35c-9a9e-4ddb-b99c-7c9147f59b56_zps51da7863.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Morris & Forndran 25X53 - Feather all stainless - 7 O'clock Super Stainless #5 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Álvarez Gómez - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Dr. Harris Arlington.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: NSS Cedarwood and Vetyver
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: EJ89L + Bulldog handle
Blade: Rapira SS (1) + shim
After: WH, Aqua Velva Musk AS, Clinique post-shave healer ASB

It must be close to a year since I last used the EJ89L razor. I had been finding it too mild, even with a shim or two.
This time a managed a gnat's crotchet away from a BBS with just a little extra buffing under the chin.
The only difference from last time I used the razor is time, so I guess I must have improved my technique since then. In fact it took me 6 months to learn DE shaving. It's a long process (for me) but well worth it.

Hot flannel with bodyshop glycerine soap
Proraso pre
Bodyshop macaroot cream
Progress #3
Personna #2
Ej best badger
W\hazel
Floid aftershave
Rsc balm

Forgot to dial progress down after first pass and got irritation on neck again.otherwise a decent shave.First use of floid aftershave and its my new favourite.

Back
Top Bottom