Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather All Stainless AS-D1
Blade: Personna Med Prep
Brush: SOC Boar
Soap: MdC Fougre
A/S: Floid "Blue"
Balm: Blueness "Spice Marine"
Cologne/Edt Ralph Lauren "Polo"

Just bought the Feather and SOC brush from a kind member on the forum. Also included (as a surprise) were a large number of good quality blades.

Having taken the plunge with the Feather, I then read reviews and started to worry.

Last week I gave a Gillette Tech a run out and had a difficult, uncomfortable and not too close a shave (for whatever reason, probably in hindsight bad technique coupled with 7/8 shaves in a row)

The reviews all compared the Feather with the Tech, this morning I loaded the Feather with a Med Prep, soaked the Boar (I am usually a Badger man) and set off.

The razor is mild in comparison to some of my razors, it does need concentration, and the angle is acute in comparison to some of my razors, I made sure I had plenty of time, concentrated and ended up with a very respectable DFS shave.

Floid is good, but let me know that the shave was not irritation free. Sting lasted a minute, then when dry I applied the blueness balm. Really really like this balm.

Soap, needs no mention, simply awesome!

Being a badger man, what did you think of the boar?

Wednesday 25th September

SOTD25913_zpse719f888.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick stick grated bowl lathered
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette NEW deluxe chrome
Sputnik (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Very nice shave. Last shave for the Sputnik a different razor and blade loaded for tomorrow.

Wednesday 09-25-13. MUSIC: Rolling Stones - Black & Blue.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v6xLtcYCq4[/video]

8135d1ad-0d64-4831-900a-ffd4bb88d0b3.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Gillette Fat Boy - Astra green #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap RazoRock King Louis Lavender - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Health & Aloe CGR - ASL Canoe Noir EDT.

Gillette #88 New
Personna Med Prep (4)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre, v1
Proraso Sandalwood
Proraso Aftershave balm
Diptyque Tam Dao edt

Proraso lathers so easily and I love the sandalwood scent. The lather isn't as slick or protective as a select few that I've come across - but it has other qualities.

Face wash with Pears oil-control soap
ATT Titan M1 / Rapira
Semogue 2012 SEOC
Martin de Candre Original
Myrsol Agua Balsamica
Penhaligons Lavandula

A great end to an otherwise poor day.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Simpsons best
Schick F type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus ( 1969 NOS)
Figaro SS (thanks to Al for the generous sample)
Neutrogena oil free moisture
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Man, I hadn't even planned on using this razor again so soon, but the last few days have proved I know nothing about how I think. This is my favorite injector, which is strange to say. I even like it more than the adjustable, even though this one's a fixed head. Darn thing fits me perfectly. Plus, it shaves me better than the others.

So this soap seems just ok, although I may still need to tweak the lather after only using it twice. Seems not all that easy to get a good lather from, but maybe it's me. The slip is ok, but nothing amazing. Cushion is ok too, as is the post shave skin care. I will give this another time or two, mainly because of so many positive reviews. Thanks to the kind member for getting that monkey to finally quiet down

BBS results,

Martin

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Prep : Warm rinse
Razor : Cobra Classic
Blade : Feather Professional
Brush : TSN Shavemac 2013
Soap : GFT coconut cream - bowl lathered

Good end result tonight, but the blade felt rough.

Oddly, the cream lathered up a treat but it's vanishing very quickly when I apply it. Don't think I've had this happen before with a Trumpers cream?

SmallBeard said:
Hairsuite said:
TUESDAY

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather All Stainless AS-D1
Blade: Personna Med Prep
Brush: SOC Boar
Soap: MdC Fougre
A/S: Floid "Blue"
Balm: Blueness "Spice Marine"
Cologne/Edt Ralph Lauren "Polo"

Just bought the Feather and SOC brush from a kind member on the forum. Also included (as a surprise) were a large number of good quality blades.

Having taken the plunge with the Feather, I then read reviews and started to worry.

Last week I gave a Gillette Tech a run out and had a difficult, uncomfortable and not too close a shave (for whatever reason, probably in hindsight bad technique coupled with 7/8 shaves in a row)

The reviews all compared the Feather with the Tech, this morning I loaded the Feather with a Med Prep, soaked the Boar (I am usually a Badger man) and set off.

The razor is mild in comparison to some of my razors, it does need concentration, and the angle is acute in comparison to some of my razors, I made sure I had plenty of time, concentrated and ended up with a very respectable DFS shave.

Floid is good, but let me know that the shave was not irritation free. Sting lasted a minute, then when dry I applied the blueness balm. Really really like this balm.

Soap, needs no mention, simply awesome!

Being a badger man, what did you think of the boar?

I really liked it. I have a broken in (thanks to a good friend in Europe) MASSIVE Boar brush, that gets a run out now and again.

I like the luxury of cream and Silvertip Badger, like the versatile Best/2Band with creams or soaps and think the Boar is the way forward with hard soaps.

The SoC is a real beauty, nice and soft, with backbone. I have admired other Boar brushes on here, but if I am being honest, always thought Boars a beginners brush, to be replaced when funds allow.

I hold up my hands, I was wrong!

My first brush was a Duke 3 in Best. A lovely present from my wife 10/15 years ago. Only brush I used (with Trumpers Coconut cream and Trumpers Mach 3) for 15 or so years, until I bought a DE 10 months ago and, well you can guess the rest......

I will use Boars and nothing else for the next wee while I think! :icon_razz:

Hairsuite said:
I really liked it. I have a broken in (thanks to a good friend in Europe) MASSIVE Boar brush, that gets a run out now and again.

I like the luxury of cream and Silvertip Badger, like the versatile Best/2Band with creams or soaps and think the Boar is the way forward with hard soaps.

The SoC is a real beauty, nice and soft, with backbone. I have admired other Boar brushes on here, but if I am being honest, always thought Boars a beginners brush, to be replaced when funds allow.

I hold up my hands, I was wrong!

My first brush was a Duke 3 in Best. A lovely present from my wife 10/15 years ago. Only brush I used (with Trumpers Coconut cream and Trumpers Mach 3) for 15 or so years, until I bought a DE 10 months ago and, well you can guess the rest......

I will use Boars and nothing else for the next wee while I think! :icon_razz:

I think that's the thing, when broken in boars are actually very soft, especially the SOC. They do pick up hard soaps very well, and with the great backbone they are excellent for face lathering.

Not forgetting that the SOC looks the way it does too, gorgeous!

Heh, I can imagine you probably have slightly more than just the one brush, cream and razor now ;).

Very glad to hear you enjoyed it! I love a good boar, my favourite I own at the moment is the monstrous Omega 98. It works well with everything I've tried so far, and holds so much lather! Lovely soft tips now broken in, with plenty of backbone, and plenty of handle to hold on to.

Enjoy some Boar Time :icon_razz:

Thursday 26th September

Brush: Omega 98
Cream: T&H No. 10
Razor: Schick L Type
Blade: Personna (5)
EDT: Boss Bottled

A very good shave this morning. I'm beginning to like the scent of the No. 10 more and more. It's performance can't be faulted either. Love this razor and blade still, too, but managed to catch myself on the top lip on the first pass, but there was no blood or really visible marks but I know I caught it because it bloody stings! However, a very smooth and comfortable finish in general. I could quite easily use this razor and nothing else for the rest of my shaving life, based on the shaves I've had so far. But where's the fun in that? Also, 1000+ DE blades need to be used somehow :icon_razz:

Thursday xxvi September, 2013

Prep: Shower, Arran Aromatics Peppermint & Eucalyptus glycerin soap
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Thäter 4125/2
Cream: Proraso Red (tube)
Razor: Digress HD
Blade: Crown Super Stainless #3
Post: Osma Alum, Ogallala Scented witch hazel, Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus ASB

Result: I am in love with this combination. Consistently achieving BBS, wonderful. And to think these are the cheapest blades I own (because they were added to an eBay order gratis)!

All the best, Gents..

Jon

[attachment=8590]Prep: Glycerin soap
Brush: New Forrest Tubby
Cream: MWF
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow

Result: Final shave with the pass around Futur. Decided its not for me, I just cannot find the sweet spot.

Attachments

• Futur.jpg
    Futur.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom