S.O.T.D. Sat. 21st Sept. to Frid. 27th Sept. 2013

Face wash with Pears oil-control soap
Merkur Digress HD B / Rapira
Simpsons B1 Butterscotch
Haslinger Ewe's Milk Shaving Soap
Proraso Green A/S

My 'new' Simpsons B1 Butterscotch got its first run out. Wonderful little brush.

Gillette Aristocrat #15
Personna Med Prep (1)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre, v1
Martin de Candre scented
Proraso Aftershave lotion

Suffering with the worst bout of flu I've ever experienced. What seems like a genuinely high temperature yet I feel freezing, sore throat, horrendous sneezing, phlegm coming out of every facial orifice, and eyes streaming as though I've slept on the cat's bed. Apologies for the disgusting image.

Prep: Shower
Pre: Hot splash
Razor: Muhle R41/Merkur Futur
Blade: Shark/Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: BBR
Aftershave: Superdrug Sierra range

Disappointed tonight as i love my Sunday shaves, as its the only day i can take my time and i have a few days growth. Tonight i had to swap razors halfway through as the R41 was just too uncomfy, really agressive. Switched over to the Futur on level 4 and everything got better, and eventually ended up with an OK shave with a couple of cuts.

Bulldog Original face wash
Hot flannel
MÜHLE Silvertip Fibre
Weleda Shave Cream
Feather Portable
Personna Platinum Chrome
Weleda Aftershave Balm

The children are asleep and the Mrs is watching Downton Abbey so I have some peace and quiet for an evening shave. I have a few things to try, a soap, a pass around head, more blades than I can shake a stick at thanks to some of the very fine members of this forum but tonight I just wanted a no fuss, predictable shave. And that's what I got.

Good morning gentlement.

Dovo Best Quality 6/8"
Omega 98
Cella
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5" Latigo Leather
Floid Suave
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

Have a nice week!

%25CE%2591%25CE%25BD%25CF%2584%25CE%25AF%25CE%25B3%25CF%2581%25CE%25B1%25CF%2586%25CE%25BF+%25CE%25B1%25CF%2580%25CF%258C+SOTD-23-09-2013-1-2.JPG

Sunday xxii September, 2013

Prep: Shower, Arran Aromatics Peppermint & Eucalyptus glycerin soap
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Thäter 4125/2
Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns shave stick
Razor: Digress HD
Blade: Crown Super Stainless
Post: Osma Alum, Thayer's Medicated WH, Institut Karité ASB
Fragrance: Myrsol Agua di Limon

Result: Controversial it may be, but the Crown is swiftly becoming my favourite blade. Seems to work like a dream in the Digress. One the negative side I am struggling with the Ogallala.. just can't get the soap / water ratio right. It seems either to be too wet or too dry.

Monday xxiii September, 2013

Prep: Shower, Nivea Q10 Facial Wash
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Thäter 4125/2
Cream: Proraso Red (tube)
Razor: Digress HD
Blade: Crown Super Stainless #2
Post: Osma Alum, Ogallala Scented witch hazel, Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus ASB

Result: About as good as it gets this morning. I used the alum to see how much sting I got, but virtually none and face as smooth as you like. Not a bad start to my birthday week.

All the best, Gents..

Jon

Prep: Boots No7 Wash with hot water
Soap: La Toja Stick
Brush: Duke 3 in best
Razor: UFO Kaiser With Ikon slant
Blade: Polsilver (3)
Result: 2 or 3 nicks with some irritation. Not a great shave with almost the same combo as my last great shave with the slant. It's a bit hit or miss with me this razor. Think I'm going to leave it for a bit and go back to my trusty 37c to let my face recover. Really want to like the ikon slant and thought it would be the perfect razor but it hasn't done it for me so far.

Greetings

Monday 23rd September 2013
Prep: shower
Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog-pruf
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Wilkinson Sword Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A nice shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04650.JPG

Monday:

Morning, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Feather Portable
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Monsavon
A/S: Ricardo L'Homme Sport, Black
Cologne: Ricardo L'Homme Sport, Black

Excellent result. I stocked up on the Ricardo L'Homme Sport range: Original, Blue, Black, and Musk at the 99p shop in Carmarthen. Last of the big spenders, me, but they're more than worth the price.

For today's shave I decided to turn to the out of favour.
Razor: Gillette red tip superspeed.
Blade: Feather. (1)
Brush: Kent BK12.
Soap: Arko.
Aftershave: Pereja lemon.

I haven't used any of the above in ages, and it's the first use for the red tip since I bought it on BST, it was forgotten! The BK12 is just ridiculous. All in all a cracking near BBS shave, must try this more often!

Scott.

Monday 09- 23-13. MUSIC: The Modern Jazz Quartet - Pyramid.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiCzfGAjkig[/video]

90da369a-e01a-4ab9-b2c5-6d760ab3415f.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Gillette Fat Boy - Gillette Platinum #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Calani Iberische Sonne - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Speick - ASL Myrsol Agua de Limón.

Back
Top Bottom