24 mm Silvertip
Boots Botanics Balm
C&E Sandalwood EdT

These razors are class.

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Mr. Fox's "Master Lather" Lavender & Mint soft soap
Brush: Simpson Tulip-1 (Super)
Razor: Weber PH with Templ8 custom handle
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (3)
AS: Sir Irisch Moos balm

Amazing lather from Mr. Fox! Glossy slick stable lather that built quickly and easily and plenty of it.
IMG_20140204_182705.jpg

Fatboy February shave #3
3P
Fatboy on 5
Ladas blade (1)
Klar Kabinett
Semogue 620

First try of the Lada blade, strange it skipped and wouldn't cut for the first stroke and then fine for the rest of the shave. This happened on my first use of a rapira pink and blue. Is there something about these blades that causes that? A coating perhaps.

First try of quorum too, bit like superdrug forests fresh. Thumbs up from the missus though :)

Full 2 day's worth of growth removed in 1 WTG pass + ATG touch-up under the jawline using
1912 Old Type
Gillette Silver Blue
Proraso Green tube
Alum
Alcolado Glacial splash
Proraso white balm
Virtual BBS on cheeks again, using the 1-pass skin stretching method. BBS under jawline.
No alum sting at all.

Wednesday Evening

SOTD%252020140205.jpg

Hot Towel
NSS Rasage Traditionel
Edwin Jagger Best Badger 21mm
Durham T Type
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Bowl Lathered
Two Pass - With & Against the Grain

NSS Rasage Traditionel is "a spicy and exotic scent, with rosewood essential oil being the dominant note, but also containing cedarwood, citrus oils, black pepper, bergamot and others".

Another shave with this monster of a razor! Exceptionally smooth, exceptionally safe and delivers exceptional results.

Getting the hang of this - I think!
1 day growth
Shower
Omega Boar Brush
RSC Shave cream, face lathered
Feather Popular, Shark super stainless
WTG+ATG
Quite an irritating shave, not liking the Shark blade, feels like it was an old blade, but was brand new. No where near as comfortable as the last 4 shaves with a Personna.

Stirling Black Cherry
Turkish no. 6
Merkur 45
Schick dated 2002 - second shave
Boots Freshwood a/s

Smoothest shave I've had in ages and yet really close. Freshwood smell gone now but I can still smell the shaving soap

Great shave this evening...

Proraso Pre shave cream (Sensitive)
La Toja Shave stick (Face Lathered)
Merkur 34C
Semogue 610 Brush
Polsilver Super Iridium Blade
Cold water rinse
Figero A/S Splash and La Boheme A/S Balm

Brand new !

Now to settle down with a glass of Jameson. Cheers![/align]

rowlers said:
1 day growth
Shower
Omega Boar Brush
WTG+ATG
Quite an irritating shave, not liking the Shark blade, feels like it was an old blade, but was brand new. No where near as comfortable as the last 4 shaves with a Personna.

It sounds like you are ...

Like you, I'm still working my way through a huge stack of different blades. If I get a rough shave like I think you had tonight, I simply set the blade aside. Don't discard it, but set it aside for another day. Often the second shave works out better and quite often another day does wonders :D

I have a couple of Sharks in my pile, but they keep working their way down the stack as other blades come in on top.

It's a journey and you sound like you're enjoying it, so carry on ...

rowlers said:
1 day growth
Shower
Omega Boar Brush
WTG+ATG

It sounds like you are ...

Like you, I'm still working my way through a huge stack of different blades. If I get a rough shave like I think you had tonight, I simply set the blade aside. Don't discard it, but set it aside for another day. Often the second shave works out better and quite often another day does wonders :D

I have a couple of Sharks in my pile, but they keep working their way down the stack as other blades come in on top.

It's a journey and you sound like you're enjoying it, so carry on ...

Hot shower and Boots Botanics face scrub
Boots shaving stick
Omega Syntex synthetic bristle shaving brush
Gillette Silver Blue blade
Edwin Jagger Chatsworth barley chrome razor
King of Shaves ultimate shave balm.

I have been finding that the texture of the shave lather can alter quite a lot depending on the brush. The Omega syntex brush, with plain white nylon bristles, creates a good lather, though a tiny bit foamy.

Back
Top Bottom