Razor: Gillette 'New'
Blade: Treet 'Black Beauty' Carbon
Brush: Vulfix 406 Boar
Soap: Bea Stick
Aftershave: Givenchy Gentleman

Regards
Dick.

DSC05185.JPG

Happy Chinese New Year. To mark the start of the year of the horse, my lovely Vie-Long brush is leading the shave...

[attachment=9492]

Brush - Vie-Long butterscotch with brown horse hair
Cream - QCS Cayman (bay rum)
Blade - Treet Super Platinum
Razor - Weber PH with bulldog handle
A/S - Ogallala bay rum, limes and peppercorns

Kung hei fat choy.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391248820.593187.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391248820.593187.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 30
Today, a full italian shave!

Valobra Fougere shaving soap + Omega boar LE B&B + Fatip Gold with Iridium Super + Sergio Tacchini balm

I had an incredibly close shave although a bit irritated. But balms are for that anyway, hehe

Cheers!

Saturday

Morning, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Sodial/Rimei
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (8)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Erasmic black cap
Aftershave: Ricardo L'Homme musk
Cologne: Ricardo L'Homme musk

I had such a good shave yesterday that I decided to keep on with this blade. The result was a visually excellent and close shave, but my skin felt sore and tender for a while although that's gone now. I suppose the blade is close to its natural end so I'll take a hint and start anew tomorrow.

Face wash with Pears soap
Merkur Digress HD B / Supermax Diamond
Simpson “Chubby” 3 Manchurian Cobalt
L'Occitane Cade shaving soap
Proraso Green A/S
Tom Ford Oud Wood

Nice shave and a weather related SOTD

Saturday 1st Feb.

Hot towel
Tabac Original - 'le Tuft' Custom Super Silvertip Fan
Gillette Superspeed - Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Macca root post shave face cream
Chanel 'Pour Monsieur' EDT

Leisurely and enjoyable shave.
and now off to the workshop to do some brush work for a knife wielding Welshman:icon_eek:

Regards, beejay

SATURDAY MORNING

Prep: Hot rinse\Aleppo soap
Razor: Joseph Allen 5/8
Brush: Shavemac D01
Cream: T&H No 10
EDT: Davidoff Cool Water

My first 'proper' straight shave! Did I lost an ear? The tip of a nose? Am I a walking bloodbath? Read on to find out!

Now, bear in mind I must have had between 50 and 100 shaves with my Feather AC and Kai Captain Excelia. This was excellent training for developing the muscle memory and technique of using a straight razor (though I've used kamisori razors, so a bit different).

However, using a 'proper' straight is a totally different experience. I'd liken it to the difference between CDs and vinyl. It's especially pertinent to me as I grew up in Sheffield and my family on both sides go back several generations (and of course, a lot of my relatives were steelworkers) so to use a razor from a Sheffield steelworks that no longer exists is a real thrill.

A straight is much more forgiving than a Feather (IMHO). I also really liked the noise it made when I was shaving, lots of feedback.

The shave and the end finish was really good. I have a weeper on my chin and that's it. I need more practice of course, but it was a very nice introduction.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Mè Galerna
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Truefitt & Hill in Silvertip
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Professional
AS: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

image.php

Saturday

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
Slim Adjustable
7 o'clock Super Platinum (Black)
Fitjar Mint ASB

This was my first use of a 7 o'clock black and on first impressions I'm not a fan. Didn't seem anywhere near as smooth as a Yellow and certainly not as good as a Rapira. I'll give them a few more goes but they might make an appearance on the BST.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Murdock Avalon pre-shave oil
Soap: Fox's Master Lather Unscented
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Traditional Shaving Shop badger
Razor: ATT R2 Kronos
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
After: Old Spice AS, Limes Skin Food

Having found this soap a little too protective I tried throwing more at it this morning to see how well it can protect. I used a 7 o'clock yellow, which I normally find too sharp and aggressive for me, with a heavier razor to see what would happen.
The soap does give more protection than my other soaps and tamed the blade a little. The shave was a little too close with only a tiny weeper but gave a lovely BBS and surprisingly little neck irritation which went away after 30 mins.

So a good soap to use with my more aggressive gear like Fatip etc.

Have a great weekend, folks.

SOTD20140201_zps9a63d199.jpg

Tall_Paul said:
SATURDAY MORNING

Razor: Joseph Allen 5/8

Now, bear in mind I must have had between 50 and 100 shaves with my Feather AC and Kai Captain Excelia. This was excellent training for developing the muscle memory and technique of using a straight razor (though I've used kamisori razors, so a bit different).

A straight is much more forgiving than a Feather (IMHO). I also really liked the noise it made when I was shaving, lots of feedback.

The shave and the end finish was really good. I have a weeper on my chin and that's it. I need more practice of course, but it was a very nice introduction.

That's good to hear. Although I can't truly know what you're talking about, I know what you mean about how one blade shaving differently from another.

Of course, your 'practicing' with the Feather helped pave the way by smoothing things out. Yeah, you removed many small 'high spots' on your face in the beginning. Sorta reminded me of a poor, but determined whittler.

Anyway, I think the shaving part will be the easier thing to learn. It's all the other stuff that might take a while to figure out.

Pollyanna

Liz Earle C&P Lavender
Irish Moos Cream
Omega 11126
Goodfella Black
Treet Platinum
Cade ASB
M&S Amber AS

On its day this razor is very good but mistreat it and it will rip your face
Off. Today was a good day:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom