Dick.

DSC05203.JPG

Feather AC SS non-folding
Feather AC ProGuard (7)
Semogue 1438
Stirling Anise
Proraso Aftershave lotion
Diptyque Philosykos edp

It looks as though there's only one dose of Philosykos left after today. It's a shame - the Proraso aftershave products suit me very well. There's also only a week or so left of the Stirling, which I'll be delighted to move on from. Then a quick dalliance trialling Fox's Master Lather before '3017'ing a tub of Proraso red.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: The Strop Shoppe Blaze with Tallow Special Edition
Brush: Simpson Polo PL8 2 band in super
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Professional
AS: Floid Vigoroso

image.php

First SE Shave (thanks to hellofromme for the blades)

hot shower
hot flannel
palmolive shave cream
omega brush
ever ready 1912
gem blade
3 passes
alum
m&s balm

well what can I say...
very close shave, even took some skin lol.
alum was kind of like pouring boiling acid on my skin.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
'Webly/Personna74 (NOS)
Klar Kabinett SS (great bang for the buck)
LaToja Balsamo AS (thanks Good Doctor)
Tom Ford 'Amber Absolute' EdP

I am figuring on at least 15 very good shaves from this blade (4th shave so far). Almost as sharp as a Feather so no goofing around with that on my face.

First time using this aftershave which was a generous gift. Heh, a little burn and a little menthol, but nothing extreme. The scent is pretty good and the product is absorbed quickly and without any greasy feeling. A bit different from the Myrsol I've been using recently. Thanks to Doc D for sending me this Spanish stuff.

BBS results,

Martin

Thursday 6th February

SOTD6214_zpsb8b9c23b.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Tabac stick grated scuttle lathered
Custom made by myself Maple & Black Walnut TGN Finest badger 22mm Fan
Gillette Flaretip Rocket
Feather (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Aqua Velva Musk aftershave

Another fine shave, a different razor and new blade set up for tomorrows shave.

Thursday afternoon

Prep: Hot Shower

Brush: Sir Brian Wenge handle with TGN 2 Band 26mm

Blade: Gillette Indian black 7 o'clock(1)

Razor: Polished Weber, Buldog handle

Cream/Soap: Klar Kabinett face lathered

Aftershave: Pitralon Swiss

First time with this blade. Very smooth and very comfortable. 3 pass shave, but went cold water for last pass. Don't know why, maybe inspired by Frankie's SOTD post's, worked very well indeed.

Pitralon is a great aftershave. One of my favourites, and the Swiss version compliments the Klar very well indeed.

Thursday

Evening, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Sodial/Rimei
Blade: Gillette "Swede" (5)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: RSC
Aftershave: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Brut Alaska

Nice, trouble-free shave.

pjgh said:
Rob Dery said:
Wednesday

Morning, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Sodial/Rimei
Blade: Gillette "Swede" (4)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Erasmic Supreme
Aftershave: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Chaps

An easy but quality shave.

I'm intrigued by that Ecotools brush and almost wound up with one at the weekend when my Mrs was nosing through their blusher brushes and noticed the buy one get one half price. She picked another brand, so no new brush to play with for me ...

Anyway, it must be VERY soft. Does it lather well? Is it better for creams or equally good with soaps?

Paul, it's incredibly soft but is a demon latherer. Whether I put on a pea-sized dollop of Erasmic cream or get stuck in to some MWF, it produces way more than I actually need. I've noticed that I rarely use my other brushes anymore since, for me, the Ecotools stands head and shoulders (really?) above them. If you can prevail on your wife to get some more brushes, the Ecotools is well worth a try.

Cheers! WIth the two for one offer at Boots, I might just buy myself one and PIF the other. I suspected it might make a demon latherer and thought it a really good one for creams especially and bowl lathering. I can save my other brushes for face lathering ... unless it's a good face latherer, too?

pjgh said:
Cheers! WIth the two for one offer at Boots, I might just buy myself one and PIF the other. I suspected it might make a demon latherer and thought it a really good one for creams especially and bowl lathering. I can save my other brushes for face lathering ... unless it's a good face latherer, too?

I only face lather, Paul, and it's well up to the job.

Back
Top Bottom