Hot flannel
Barrister & Mann Bay Rum scuttle lathered
Custom Black Walnut & Maple made by myself TGN 22mm Finest Badger
Gillette 88 New long comb
Astra SP (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
DR Harris Bay Rum aftershave

Comfortable shave enjoying the Bay Rum scent from the soap and aftershave. The B&M soap is top quality easy to whip up in the scuttle and provides a slick, dense lather.

Wednesday 02-19-14. MUSIC: The Who - Tommy (1969).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Z4atC9Atc[/video]

fe7c357c-9897-44fa-a7fa-4314e2db9ba4_zps6a8d0fa6.jpg

Aleppo soap - Semogue 2000 - Merkur 11C - Gillette Platinum #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Palmolive Classic - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Aqua Velva Musk.

Prep: Shower
Razor: Weber ARC/Classic Handle
Blade: Voskhod/2
Brush: Semogue Boar
Soap: Trumpers Sandlewood
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

The Weber Classic Handle was big for me hands but still an EXCELLENT shave, also it was the first time with the Nivea Post Shave and it was really really good, skin felt really great.

Wednesday Evening

What a great shave ...

IMG_5013.JPG

Hot Towel
Whickham Soap Company 1902 Menthol
Pure Badger 23mm
Schick E
Personna Stainless Coated [2]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal "the Veg"
Trumper's Eucris

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

I've been wearing C&S No.88 today and so, high on crushed velvet and rose gardens imagine my surprise to find another little parcel from Fox. Two new soaps: Super Smooth Club Cola and 1902 Menthol, a hard soap. Well, I could not resist giving the hard soap a go ...

Grabbing a Schick E and dropping a fresh Personna blade in, I dropped the puck into a fresh glass jar and swirled my brush twenty, or so times around. Nicely loaded, I face lathered.

What a great shave! I said that already ...

1902 is a hard soap formulation, based on a recipe that the maker found, dated 1902. Menthol is perhaps not the best term, since it does not give the Arctic blast that you might expect for that word, but something warmer, greener and more akin to peppermint than Glacier Mint. Barely felt on the skin, the only reminder was curiously through the nose. Very pleasant indeed! Very subtle. Splashing a liberal amount of "the Veg" on afterwards was a little cooler than usual, leading me to believe the soap continued to have its contribution after shaving. Great combination.

So, smothered in "Veg" and a splash of Eucris, I smell sensational! Like an Hungarian Cavalryman back from battling Dracula's hordes!

What a shave ...

Shower
Bulldog Face Scrub
Village Barber Oil
Rooney Silvertip brush
Stirling Soap
Muhle Jet
Gillette 7 O'clock Black blade
Village Barber ASB
TOBS Victorian Limes aftershave

Best in a while...

Thursday

Palmolive cream
New Forest Tubby 2
OCMM
Gem blade
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

This morning was the first time I've used my OCMM for ages, I was reminded what a great shave it gives. Gertainly plently of "efficiency" so it gets the job done in a couple of passes. BBS.

pjgh said:
Wednesday Evening

What a great shave ...

IMG_5013.JPG

Hot Towel
Whickham Soap Company 1902 Menthol
Pure Badger 23mm
Schick E
Personna Stainless Coated [2]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal "the Veg"
Trumper's Eucris

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

I've been wearing C&S No.88 today and so, high on crushed velvet and rose gardens imagine my surprise to find another little parcel from Fox. Two new soaps: Super Smooth Club Cola and 1902 Menthol, a hard soap. Well, I could not resist giving the hard soap a go ...

Grabbing a Schick E and dropping a fresh Personna blade in, I dropped the puck into a fresh glass jar and swirled my brush twenty, or so times around. Nicely loaded, I face lathered.

What a great shave! I said that already ...

1902 is a hard soap formulation, based on a recipe that the maker found, dated 1902. Menthol is perhaps not the best term, since it does not give the Arctic blast that you might expect for that word, but something warmer, greener and more akin to peppermint than Glacier Mint. Barely felt on the skin, the only reminder was curiously through the nose. Very pleasant indeed! Very subtle. Splashing a liberal amount of "the Veg" on afterwards was a little cooler than usual, leading me to believe the soap continued to have its contribution after shaving. Great combination.

So, smothered in "Veg" and a splash of Eucris, I smell sensational! Like an Hungarian Cavalryman back from battling Dracula's hordes!

What a shave ...

That's a balls out fragrance combo !!!!:icon_razz: I would love to try the "veg" one day !

... only bettered with a splash of gin as hair tonic :D

Everyone should try "the Veg". Some people can wear it, others cannot. If you're one who can, you can wear THE best hands down scented aftershave. As an experience, it's awesome! Lash it on, wait for the burn, love it, enjoy the cool and then the fog freshly cut vegetation, mingling scents of flowers, stalks and leaves. It's sensational and seriously reciprocated with Eucris.

My first post on this forum after a few weeks of lurking!

Prep: T&H No 10 pre-shave oil
Razor: Gilette Fusion (sorry I really can't get on with DE)
Brush: T&H wellington (new acquisition)
Cream: T&H Sandalwood
Aftershave: DR Harris Pink Aftersahve

Back
Top Bottom