S.O.T.D. Sat 15th February to Frid. 21st February 2014

Fencing again tomorrow ... Yorkshire Senior Foil. I don't like smooth shaven nor bit o'stubble in my mask and sweating makes both worse. Best get a nice single pass shave in and have done ..

So I did ...

IMG_5041.JPG

Rum & Coke

Hot Towel
Wickhmam Soap Co. Club Cola
Pure Badger 23mm
GEM 1912 New De Luxe
GEM Stainless Coated [2]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Brut Musk

Face Lathered
One Pass - WTG

Club Cola is fun. I'm now well versed in the Super Smooth soaps from Wickham Soap Co. so tonight face lathered it. Nice scent, subtle, worked with my drink and aftershave. Enjoyed.

Now, checking legality and tolerances of my weapons, mask, inspecting seams of clothing, checking lame, checking mask again, checking weapons again ... I'm good to go.

Gonna get slaughtered! You'll see a good number of top 100 foilists from Yorkshire, more concentrated in the top 50, more so top 25. Time to piss off some Divas :D

pjgh said:
Fencing again tomorrow ... Yorkshire Senior Foil. I don't like smooth shaven nor bit o'stubble in my mask and sweating makes both worse. Best get a nice single pass shave in and have done ..

So I did ...

IMG_5041.JPG

Rum & Coke

Hot Towel
Wickhmam Soap Co. Club Cola
Pure Badger 23mm
GEM 1912 New De Luxe
GEM Stainless Coated [2]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Brut Musk

Face Lathered
One Pass - WTG

Club Cola is fun. I'm not well versed in the Super Smooth soaps from Wickham Soap Co. so tonight face lathered it. Nice scent, subtle, worked with my drink and aftershave. Enjoyed.

Now, checking legality and tolerances of my weapons, mask, inspecting seams of clothing, checking lame, checking mask again, checking weapons again ... I'm good to go.

Gonna get slaughtered! You'll see a good number of top 100 foilists from Yorkshire, more concentrated in the top 50, more so top 25. Time to piss off some Divas :D

Nice photo Paul, good luck for tomorrow. Let us know how you get on...

Cheers, pal! Middle to bottom ... although I'm feeling especially lucky this evening.

The thing about fencing competitions is ... they're all different. Only at the very very top do the athletes perform the same every time. Down in the amateur ranks, anyone can have a bad day, anyone can have a good day and top class fencers can lose to another fencer that you beat hands down. Then there's the eliminations. Play like a demon in the pools and hope to ride through on an easy ticket. Experience has shown me that poor pool performance really perks my interest in the eliminations ... and I do better. Tomorrow, I want to rule in the pools, then slay in the eliminations.

I'm feeling lucky for some reason and I'm going to roll with it ...

Cheers :D

Saturday, February 22nd, 2014

Saturday, February 22nd, 2014

157018d1393059315-sun-february-16th-sat-february-22nd-sotd-22022014.jpg

Giesen & Forsthoff Timor Blue Steel 150, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point

• Pre-shave: Myrsol Emulsión
  • Soap: Martin De Candre Fougère
  • Brush: Omega Bristle Brush Red #49
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: Giesen & Forsthoff Timor Blue Steel 150, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Vigoroso Mentolado After Shave

Back
Top Bottom