Friday 18 Oct 2013

Morning,
Prep: Nivea face wash
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 SE
Blade: Gem Stainless
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Nivea Balm/Sierran Breeze

Had a little more time this morning so went for the SE. I really should shave with this more often; lovely close shave. DFS

Friday 18th October

Brush: Omega 10810
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Tech head, templ8 handle
Blade: Indian Gillette/Wilkie (2) with shim

Great shave. Only a quick, one pass shave but it did the trick to neaten me up a bit.

gillette old type head
muhle 41 handle
gillette green (2)
frank shaving pur tech
cella
steve's bayrum

wonderful shave - i've neglected the cella of late and it was a pleasure to be re-acquainted :) Unlike Norfolk Dick I am sure about the pur tech - i love it! super soft, bowl lathers a treat and it's so big you can almost do your whole face in one swipe. skin felt great after

Unusual on for me today but, first a question. Has anyone had a duff blade at any time. 1 Shave from a W/S and as much edge as a pan of lard when I came to use it this morning.
Onwards.
EJ 89L
W/S Blade
Murker 34c with a MEM
Palmolive stick
Old Spice Soap
Vie Long Small brush (Trying to break it in for a travel brush)
So as you gather I had to do a bit of juggling this morning. Face lathered with the Palmolive and picked up the EJ the first strokes just did not feel right and a finger test almost no hair removal on the first pass RHS of face so I switched to the other razor at hand and all was well.
A first for me, that's for sure.

Yesterday:

EJDE89
Red Personna
Vulfix Bodger
St James C and C Cream and Cologne
Aloe Moisturiser

Today:

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ badger
T and H No10
Aloe Moisturiser
Addiction Fever

Friday:

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: 7 o'clock green (14)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Hemp and Aloe. Black Tea
A/S: Halston Z-14
Cologne: Halston Z-14

Yet another excellent shave. Did this blade get bitten by a radioactive spider in the factory? It's still giving great shaves so I'm not binning it yet.

Atlas H1
Super Iridium Extra Stainless
Stephen's Woodworking (SRD) Silvertip
Green Mountain Nick's Red Jacket Shaving Soap (sample)
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Bowling Green After Shave (Geoffrey Beane)
Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle

Big Bob said:
Unusual on for me today but, first a question. Has anyone had a duff blade at any time. 1 Shave from a W/S and as much edge as a pan of lard when I came to use it this morning.
Onwards.
EJ 89L
W/S Blade
Murker 34c with a MEM
Palmolive stick
Old Spice Soap
Vie Long Small brush (Trying to break it in for a travel brush)
So as you gather I had to do a bit of juggling this morning. Face lathered with the Palmolive and picked up the EJ the first strokes just did not feel right and a finger test almost no hair removal on the first pass RHS of face so I switched to the other razor at hand and all was well.
A first for me, that's for sure.

Greetings

I have had a duffer in a box of SE blades, one that had not been sharpened at all, by this I mean a blade with no bevel ground on the cutting edge. I am sure it must now and again happen with all razor blades or for that matter any small item mass produced by the hundreds of thousands.

Regards
Dick.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
New Forest Tubby 1, Cella
Fatboy (#4), Rapira SS (3)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave soother

Wow! What an amazing shave. Haven't used the Fatboy for ages... decided to ignore the numbers and set it by sound and feel with the first WTG strokes... starting on a low setting until it equated to my usual Progress shaves. This turned out to be setting #4.

Friday 18th October

SOTD181013_zps85867e7e.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
TOBS Lavender cream scuttle lathered
Simpson POLO 8 best badger brush
Gillette Old Type ball end handle
Lord Platinum (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Prep: Hot wash/splash
Pre: Proraso Pre shave cream
Soap: Dermolive
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Permasharp
AS: Tesco Pro AS Balm
Edt: Sex Pistols

Gillette Aristocrat #16
Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Martin de Candre scented
Proraso Aftershave lotion
Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur

A very good shave, all in all. The MdC lather was spot on - but possibly thicker than I usually go for - and the #16 wasn't bad. I'm just not 100% keen on it compared to some of the other Aristocrats. It's frustrating because it's such a beautiful object! Close shave though.

Friday
Shower
Proraso pre green
Head, Feather Popular, Shark SS (2)
Face, EJ DE89, Asda Personna (3)
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Trumpers Limes Cologne.

A good shave all over, I use the Feather pop on my head as it's really mild and I haven't managed to cut myself with it (yet).

Back
Top Bottom