S.O.T.D Sat. 11th January to Frid. 17th January 2014

Brush looks good Brian, where did the knot come from? I can highly recommend the Silver tips from "The Turners Workshop"

782sirbrian said:
Tuesday 14th January

SOTD14114_zps46ac89da.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Marlborough soap scuttle lathered
Custom Elm handle with TGN Silvertip badger (28x55)
Gillette 1953 Milord
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice sensitive aftershave

Good shave, comfortable. Trying the custom brush today. On the test lathers the knot shed quite a lot of hairs :-/. This will be the 10th or so lathering for it and it looks to have calmed down with the shedding, fingers crossed :icon_rolleyes:

Cold water splash
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
Weber Polished / Bulldog
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Clinique Post-Shave Healer, Clinique M-Lotion

Have a great evening, everyone!

Hairsuite said:
Brush looks good Brian, where did the knot come from? I can highly recommend the Silver tips from "The Turners Workshop"

782sirbrian said:
Tuesday 14th January

SOTD14114_zps46ac89da.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Marlborough soap scuttle lathered
Custom Elm handle with TGN Silvertip badger (28x55)
Gillette 1953 Milord
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice sensitive aftershave

Good shave, comfortable. Trying the custom brush today. On the test lathers the knot shed quite a lot of hairs :-/. This will be the 10th or so lathering for it and it looks to have calmed down with the shedding, fingers crossed :icon_rolleyes:

This one came from the Golden Nib in the US. I have 2 more knotted with the Turners Workshop knots. Still finding what's best :icon_confused:

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Martin de Candre regular
Brush: Simpson Tulip-1 (Super)
Razor: iKon OSS
Blade: PolSilver Super Iridium (3)
AS: Vintage Old Spice cologne, followed by Village Barber balm

Final shave with the OSS before it goes to its new home. I'm going to miss that razor. Lovely 2.5 pass BBS. MdC lathered amazingly well (again).

Tuesday

Evening, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89
Blade: Super Max SS(4)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe and Hemp, Jasmin and Sage
Aftershave: Denim

Good and very close.

p.b said:
Tall_Paul said:
MONDAY EVENING

Prep: Warm rinse
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 Super
Cream: GFT coconut - scuttle lathered
Razor: Muhle R89 Jet
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium

Very easy shave tonight. You can see why these R89's have such a good reputation.

Now, the question is what do I sell to raise funds for another Woodhead bowl? Wee Scott? One of my two Parats? Bar of Klar Kabinett? Hmm, more pondering required!

Paul,
If you're prone to dropping things then I can recommend this: http://www.aesop.com/uk/stainless-steel-bowl.html?utm_source=product_listing_ad&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=UK-Adwords&utm_term=aesop-stainless-steel-bowl&gclid=CIWxlMLU_bsCFYJP3godDA0A9w

A good size, nicely made and unbreakable (within domestic constraints!!!) Paul

Thanks Paul

Unfortunately the Woodhead pedestal bowl is ridged which makes creating great lather really easy. Another will have to be purchased at some point!

4 weeks without a shave.

Today I bought some Lanisoh HPA 100% Lanolin nipple cream.

I am currently wearing it on my beard.

Yeah, I know!

Tall_Paul said:
p.b said:
Tall_Paul said:
MONDAY EVENING

Prep: Warm rinse
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 Super
Cream: GFT coconut - scuttle lathered
Razor: Muhle R89 Jet
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium

Very easy shave tonight. You can see why these R89's have such a good reputation.

Now, the question is what do I sell to raise funds for another Woodhead bowl? Wee Scott? One of my two Parats? Bar of Klar Kabinett? Hmm, more pondering required!

Paul,
If you're prone to dropping things then I can recommend this: http://www.aesop.com/uk/stainless-steel-bowl.html?utm_source=product_listing_ad&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=UK-Adwords&utm_term=aesop-stainless-steel-bowl&gclid=CIWxlMLU_bsCFYJP3godDA0A9w

A good size, nicely made and unbreakable (within domestic constraints!!!) Paul

Thanks Paul

Unfortunately the Woodhead pedestal bowl is ridged which makes creating great lather really easy. Another will have to be purchased at some point!
Just replaced my soup bowl for one of Steve Woodheads bowls, wished I had done it a long time ago. As you pointed out, the ridges really make it easy to create a lather. Combine this with a good soap and its easy to produce an explosion of lather, probably enough to shave the wife, kids and dog with one whip up!

Tall_Paul said:

Maybe ask Steve to put the bowl on a chain that will then go around your neck. Kinda like what those old ladies use to keep their glasses from dropping to the floor when they fall off their noses. Cackhanded old biddies.....

How bout selling one of your many Aristo types to fund the bowl. Yep, one of those razors would raise plenty with maybe a little left over. I mean after all, it's not like you collect em or anything.

Hehehehe.......I am kidding of course, since selling one would be like selling a kid. A kid that you liked.

Mart

EJ Preshave Lotion + GFT Skin Food Lime
EJ89 Plaza Black Marble w/ Feather
Simpson Colonel X2L Best
MWF + Cella
Steve Woodhead Small Scuttle
Simpson ASB + GFT Skin Food Lime

First time using the Cella and I was very impressed. It must be one of the best creams/soaps out there in the least appealing packaging. The scent is fantastic and is an absolute bargain.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Mike's Natural Soaps Vetiver
Brush: Simpson "The Duke" D3 Jade
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE86811Gbl
Blade: Personna (1)
AS: Guerlain Vetiver
EDT : Guerlain Vetiver

image.php

Back
Top Bottom