Monday xiii January, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, L'Oreal Daily Purifying Wash
Pre: Tepid water splash
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: Ever Ready 1924 Little Lather Catcher
Blade: Gem Blue Star Carbon Steel SE #1
Fragrance: Roger & Gallet L'Homme EdT

Result: My first experience of a carbon steel SE blade, and I shall have to reserve judgement. Not a great day for the lather, so tomorrow will be better I am sure. Not too bad though.

Have a good day, gents.

Jon

Monday 01-13-14. MUSIC: Miles Davis - Workin' With The Miles Davis Quintet.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNF7EJGgt0[/video]

a321efdb-bb6d-49a0-95a1-a818b713fe8e_zpsfca30faa.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Kimson de España silvertip - Gillette Fat Boy - Gillette Platinum #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Haslinger Marigold - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB JASÖN - ASL Honeybee Gardens Florida.

Monday 13th January

SOTD13114_zpsdf683fc9.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Nanny's Warm Spice hard soap scuttle lathered
Simpson Hive Manchurian badger
Gillette 1953 Milord
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice Sensitive aftershave

Comfortable shave very good

Hadn't shaved on night shift so today was nice

Hot shower
Nuage Shaving Oil
Derby soap prepared with the 'Cyril' brush - Bodger handle and silvertip
Edwin Jagger DE89
Personna blade (1)
Blueness ASB

Most lovely

Monday

Evening, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89
Blade: Super Max SS(3)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Erasmic
Aftershave: M&S Harvard

Easy and no complaints.

Cold water splash
Proraso Green Tea & Oatmeal
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Weber Polished / Bulldog
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Myrsol Emulsion
D.R. Harris Windsor EdT

Hadn't used Proraso Green Tea & Oatmeal in a while. Smooth and refreshing shave.

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Vintage Old Spice soap
Brush: Simpson Tulip-1 (Super)
Razor: iKon OSS
Blade: PolSilver Super Iridium (2)
AS: Vintage Old Spice aftershave lotion, followed by Village Barber balm

Old Spice Monday! Absolutely cracking shave with the OSS. 2-pass BBS and smooooth, pass #1 with the OC, pass #2 with the SB. Got a lovely "where's the blade?" moment on the 1st pass. I'm going to miss this razor once it's gone!

IMG_4461.JPG

Hot Towels
Edwin Jagger Pre/Post-Shave Cream (Mentholated)
Edwin Jagger Shaving Soap (Mentholated)
Edwin Jagger Best Badger 21mm
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Pro [1]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse, Alum Wash & Witch Hazel
Old Spice

Bowl Lathered
Two Pass - Twice WTG

Pfff! These Feathers don't deserve their fierce reputation ...

Lathered up, I went for it. Feather Pro in my new to me Feather Artist Club SS. I've used a CJB Kamisori before, so knew the drill - alas, with Dorco blunts. Well, this Feather just slicked straight through and left smooth skin. I love it! I am so glad I dropped a Pro in first. Not fierce, just efficient. Definitely smooth.

First pass done. Lovely! I could have, and should have left it there ...

I made a second pass, again with the grain, to catch anything I'd missed and it all went swimmingly until I tried scooping the bit right under the middle of my nose. Nick! No, cut. Shhheeee! That's a bleeder! MEDIC!!! I'd shaved the area, it looked okay, so I left it and carried on. Still going well and then a slight lapse of concentration when it was all going very well and I got the angle just too tight and ditched the edge into my chin leaving a lovely couple of centimetre cut.

Alum wash proved it pretty good aside from these two issues, both of which are beginner issues and both of which I will NOT do again.

Very different to my experience with the CJB Kamisori which I think was marred by poor blades. I am keen to try it again with this Feather Pro, and both with a Feather Light ... both of which I have in now from the deal with this razor.

In all, enjoyed. It'll be flawless next time and I'll know when to stop. More practice and I'll push the envelope a little more ...

muhle r41/ templ8 ball end handle
silver star
omega 20102
panna crema labdano
vintage shulton old spice AS
boots no7 post shave balm

excellent. ive been using the 2013 r41 for a couple of weeks now, and been getting consistently excellent shaves, i think muhle have nailed it with this version. the templ8 handle pairs up with the r41 beautifully.

Edwin Jagger boar
Trumper's Sandalwood shaving cream
Commando travel razor head on Merkur 45 handle
Gillette Platinum from 1972 (5)
Givenhcy Gentleman aftershave (vintage)

Five shaves with this blade is enough. Got me a close shave but when doing touch ups not much was happening and if I push it I'll get soreness without extra cutting ability. Probably.

MONDAY EVENING

Prep: Warm rinse
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 Super
Cream: GFT coconut - scuttle lathered
Razor: Muhle R89 Jet
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium

Very easy shave tonight. You can see why these R89's have such a good reputation.

Now, the question is what do I sell to raise funds for another Woodhead bowl? Wee Scott? One of my two Parats? Bar of Klar Kabinett? Hmm, more pondering required!

feather ac japanese style
proguard (3)
ecotools kabuki
tabac
freshwood A/S and balm

very nice 2 pass shave with touch ups - i must be pushing a bit much as my neck became very red after the shave but it was as close as a DE shave in the end. i'm very pleased with my progress with this razor - i think i'll stick with it until the end of january

Back
Top Bottom