Royal Wedding

Blyth Spirit said:
I'm all for it.

They will, one day, hopefully be King & Queen of England the UK and the Commonwealth - nothing is too good for our Royal family's senior members. Amortise the cost over the population of these islands - less than £1 per capita.

If the prudent Member of Parliament for Kirkcaldy hadn't frittered our national wealth over the 13 years of the Brown Terror, then no one would have any cause for complaint.

:D

+ a lot.

I will ponder the cost of this wedding next time I pick up a prescription for Mrs M. :|

RB73 said:
Adam D said:
RB73 said:
+1

Will gladly pay my share for it, per head must translate into less than one solitary pence.

Im more concerned with the millions/billions that are being given away outside of these shores that make the 30+million pale into insignificance.

60 million approximately living in the UK and a 30 million pound wedding, so roughly 50 pence per head, sorry for being a pedant.

Ive lost more than that down the back of a chair in the pub, how much has Greece, ROI and Portugal cost us and they wont be the last. £6.5 million to Schools in Pakistan (they are still trying to find a lot of these schools mind).

If the Royal family did pay for everything lock stock, but then charged £50 million for tv rights etc, etc what would the argument then be.

I would be quite happy for them to sell the rights for it to pay for wedding, would mean the bbc would not be sending 850 people to cover it and wasting more of our public money, sell the rights pay for the wedding then the people that are happy to pay there 10 bob for it can, by paying to watch it.

cmon Pedro why did you have to mention the pope and hoops in the same post? You are gonna get me a UEFA ban for next year :lol:

Tell the Queen to sell one of her Masters from her collection, that will cover the cost, or better still have all of her Art works removed from the Royal collection for public veiwing and shared out equally amongst the national galleries in the UK.

Jamie

Skin Glider said:
We get a day off for less than 50p each and the roads will be lovely and clear .
Hotels and restaurants etc will make from it. The return to the public purse will be far more . so whats the issue ?

Do you really think so? The general feeling around here is one of none interest.

And a lot of people are still working remember ;)

In these times of austerity it just seems a bit obscene to be paying out so much for an event for a very privileged family.

Mind you, I think austerity is something that the upper classes of UK society will not have much to do with.

I will be watching my big fat gypsy wedding instead, they is proper royalty they is.

I hear that Andy & Eddy will be found touting their tickets out the front in protest to yet another few body's in line to the thrown opps. Throne.

Blyth Spirit said:
Adam D said:
Mind you, I think austerity is something that the upper classes of UK society will not have much to do with.

Always a moot point confusing class with wealth...it doesn't often mean the same thing.

Footballer players and (so called) celebrities have a fair amount of money but usually have great difficulty in demonstrating class.

:?

Footballers and celebrities are just one-offs in the grand scheme of things.

My view of class is based on the premise of what would happen to you if you became unemployed. If Daddy, or one of his chums, could place you in a role somewhere well to do without having to go through an interview process then you are middle or upper class. These are the people who will be relatively untouched by the current government's austerity measures.

Footballers and celebrities would not be able to do that for their offspring.

Skin Glider said:
. . . better my taxes fund this than a chav single mother .

Nowt wrong with chav single mothers.

There was a huge public display of mourning for a chav single-parent mother of two sons (who both had different fathers) and was shacked up with the son of an illegal immigrant a few years ago.

I'm with Antad on that one, The Big Fat Gypsy wedding is much better value for money, and you get great entertaiment after with bare knuckle fighting plus Cock fighting, and some of the most crazy dressed people coupled with dancing which you will never see anywhere else on the planet, in fact I want a invite! :D There is a downside though, wait till you see the Bride & Groom :lol:

Jamie

annieandamos.jpg

Rehearsal?

I'm probably the last one here to have seen this:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEhtLug&feature=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEht ... e=youtu.be</a><!-- m -->

Gawd bless yer Wills and Kate, you are very welcome to my 50p. :D

I have no problem whatsoever seeing my money going to see that the future King and Queen are safe and secure on their big day. It's better than the many many pounds I spend keeping dole scroungers in Sky HD TV and prisoners in XBox games and pool tables.

why complain...now said when the govt reduced fuel by 1p a litre and raised it 5p a gallon

let them have their day..u know we are goin to get ripped anyways

Back
Top Bottom