Royal Wedding

Well as the date for this approaches I keep thing how much is this actually costing us and why the hell should we be footing the bill for it( yes I know they are paying for the normal wedding things) but the cost of all the extra security and all the other costs that the government are picking the tab up for. ie me and you. The country is in the middle of a recession we are all paying more tax and get less for it but what the hell lets spend 30+ million on a royal wedding. Never mind the cost to industry with the extra public holiday that has been forced on them. What a bad day to choose for it was well directly after the easter weekend, maybe this has something to do with it <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/news/848123-april-29-william-and-kates-royal-wedding-day-and-other-historic-events">http://www.metro.co.uk/news/848123-apri ... ric-events</a><!-- m --> heritage and all :? :lol:

I think that it cost about 15 million and he came from another institution that could easily afford to pay the UK for the cost that the taxpayer incurred.

I am not a royalist by any means, but unfortunately there are significant minorities to whom things like this appeal and everybody ends up having to pay :(

It is the future King of England.

Bugger the cost.

If they are struggling I'll sub 'em a few bob.

BBQ is ready and the fridge is full to bosting with cooking lager.

Gawd bless yer, blinky, blonky, blimey, beggin' yer pardon.

Adam D said:
I think that it cost about 15 million and he came from another institution that could easily afford to pay the UK for the cost that the taxpayer incurred.

I am not a royalist by any means, but unfortunately there are significant minorities to whom things like this appeal and everybody ends up having to pay :(

No he is classed as a head of state by the UK government that was why they picked up the tab same as any other head of state that visits the UK as I said what is the relevance to the topic above. There is 1 or two state visits from heads of state each year to the UK and every time the UK pays the tab and the same is done when we visit other countries. I really fail to see the point in your comments

pedro083 said:
Adam D said:

No he is classed as a head of state by the UK government that was why they picked up the tab same as any other head of state that visits the UK as I said what is the relevance to the topic above. There is 1 or two state visits from heads of state each year to the UK and every time the UK pays the tab and the same is done when we visit other countries. I really fail to see the point in your comments

My point is both are from institutions that could really pay their own way in the world, but don't.

Both of them mean bugger all to me, but some of the UK tax payers money is used to fund an event/visit for them.

It boils my pee to be honest.

Edit - thanks for fixing the link, it did make me laugh :)

Adam D said:
pedro083 said:
Adam D said:

My point is both are from institutions that could really pay their own way in the world, but don't.

Both of them mean bugger all to me, but some of the UK tax payers money is used to fund an event/visit for them.

It boils my pee to be honest.

Edit - thanks for fixing the link, it did make me laugh :)

So it should boil your blood about all the heads of state visits. think the pope was exspensize just wait to see all the hoops they jump through when obama comes in may, they will be using 100 quid notes to wipe his ass :roll:

joe mcclaine said:

Bugger the cost.

+1

Will gladly pay my share for it, per head must translate into less than one solitary pence.

Im more concerned with the millions/billions that are being given away outside of these shores that make the 30+million pale into insignificance.

RB73 said:
joe mcclaine said:

Bugger the cost.

+1

Will gladly pay my share for it, per head must translate into less than one solitary pence.

Im more concerned with the millions/billions that are being given away outside of these shores that make the 30+million pale into insignificance.

60 million approximately living in the UK and a 30 million pound wedding, so roughly 50 pence per head, sorry for being a pedant.

I'm all for it.

They will, one day, hopefully be King & Queen of England the UK and the Commonwealth - nothing is too good for our Royal family's senior members. Amortise the cost over the population of these islands - less than £1 per capita.

If the prudent Member of Parliament for Kirkcaldy hadn't frittered our national wealth over the 13 years of the Brown Terror, then no one would have any cause for complaint.

:D

Adam D said:
RB73 said:
joe mcclaine said:

Bugger the cost.

+1

60 million approximately living in the UK and a 30 million pound wedding, so roughly 50 pence per head, sorry for being a pedant.

Ive lost more than that down the back of a chair in the pub, how much has Greece, ROI and Portugal cost us and they wont be the last. £6.5 million to Schools in Pakistan (they are still trying to find a lot of these schools mind).

If the Royal family did pay for everything lock stock, but then charged £50 million for tv rights etc, etc what would the argument then be.

RB73 said:
If the Royal family did pay for everything lock stock, but then charged £50 million for tv rights etc, etc what would the argument then be.

See I wouldn't mind that at all, particularly if it was ITV or Hello that paid for the rights ;)

Back
Top Bottom