Royal Mail Rip Off Con Trick

Still waiting for my item...!!! Three weeks to deliver something that arrived here from Germany in 3 DAYS!! Muppets. Incompetent beyond belief.

Well a little update on mine. It has been sat in the sorting office all this time. The woman who found it said it was probably mis scanned when brought back from mis delivery. Still not heard anything official about my complaint as the manager is still not answering the official emails.

Brianpilman said:
Well a little update on mine. It has been sat in the sorting office all this time. The woman who found it said it was probably mis scanned when brought back from mis delivery. Still not heard anything official about my complaint as the manager is still not answering the official emails.

Well the goons on my case have indeed sent me their legal team's address and I am not going to stand anymore of this monkeying around. The failed to redeliver it again yesterday (three times now). I had the slight urge to go and collect it myself (even though I can't justify the additional fuel to drive that distance), checked the opening times on the back of the card and lo and behold they close at 4pm. What a farce.

I think this will just end up in court as I see no other way to resolve things.

Good luck with your situation.

LeeBot said:
I have worked for RM as a postman/driver in the past and would be willing to answer any questions about the inner workings of it all. Should be fun.

Why does my postman deliver mail at around 4pm - is this an acceptable time to get your post?

StephenShave said:
Why does my postman deliver mail at around 4pm - is this an acceptable time to get your post?

It is under the current management. I could give a long explanation of the inner machinations of how mail used to get from one place to another and how it does now but it's somewhat tedious.

Basically it's job cuts. Because there are less people doing the night shift work in mail centres the mail gets to delivery offices later.

Because it gets to the delivery office later your postman now starts work later - around 7am I'd imagine. Because he starts later he is ready to go out on delivery later - in a lot of places the time to officially start delivering is now around 10am.

And because of job cuts in delivery he now has a lot more places to deliver to - I'd say the average residential delivery could be anywhere between 550 - 1400 delivery points depending on house type etc. Back in the days of getting your post by 930am a round of over 400 calls was considered massive!

But none of this matters to RM bosses - Excellent service costs money whereas adequate service which just about fulfills requirements is a lot more profitable. And best of all most of the time it's the postie getting it in the neck from irate customers while they can sit back and count their bonus!

LeeBot said:
StephenShave said:

It is under the current management. I could give a long explanation of the inner machinations of how mail used to get from one place to another and how it does now but it's somewhat tedious.

Basically it's job cuts. Because there are less people doing the night shift work in mail centres the mail gets to delivery offices later.

Because it gets to the delivery office later your postman now starts work later - around 7am I'd imagine. Because he starts later he is ready to go out on delivery later - in a lot of places the time to officially start delivering is now around 10am.

And because of job cuts in delivery he now has a lot more places to deliver to - I'd say the average residential delivery could be anywhere between 550 - 1400 delivery points depending on house type etc. Back in the days of getting your post by 930am a round of over 400 calls was considered massive!

But none of this matters to RM bosses - Excellent service costs money whereas adequate service which just about fulfills requirements is a lot more profitable. And best of all most of the time it's the postie getting it in the neck from irate customers while they can sit back and count their bonus!

Well, that was one helluva comprehensive answer, thank you. Here was me thinking he just enjoyed a lie in!

Oh, there was uk mail incident.

At least, as Dave Gorman shows, some hope of money being sent through the post and it turning up when it's Royal Mail doing it.

The real issue I think is that people are trying to make money at the service, the government sells it off to try and make money, then the (new) shareholders want to make money on their investment. Idiots all round as the price of the service goes up and therefore people get annoyed, then comes the subscriber exodus and everyone is out of pocket.

Stick a nice big IMHO around the above.

eneville said:
At least, as Dave Gorman shows, some hope of money being sent through the post and it turning up when it's Royal Mail doing it.

Stick a nice big IMHO around the above.

Yehhh... Another Dave Gorman fan - you gotta admit, life is good... ish!

Hermes does sound a bit cheaper than Royal Mail. Do you know if there's any insurance? I ordered a laptop from Tesco and wanted to collect it instore. The laptop didn't turn up, apparently it was sent with Hermes. We had a tenner removed from the bill for inconvenience, I hope Tesco were able to claim it back. Apparently the van broke down, but they had to send another laptop out, which makes me wonder why they couldn't recover the original. Something sounded fishy.

You should check out the reviews of Hermes on trust pilot. I agree that Royal Mail prices are steep in comparison but at least you get a bit more peace of mind.

eneville said:
Hermes does sound a bit cheaper than Royal Mail. Do you know if there's any insurance? I ordered a laptop from Tesco and wanted to collect it instore. The laptop didn't turn up, apparently it was sent with Hermes. We had a tenner removed from the bill for inconvenience, I hope Tesco were able to claim it back. Apparently the van broke down, but they had to send another laptop out, which makes me wonder why they couldn't recover the original. Something sounded fishy.

At least they didn't lob it over the side gate as is normal practice with Hermes (after stamping on it for fun).

eneville said:

With My Hermes £50 insurance is included in the price, you pay extra for more. RM now only include £20 insurance in the price, and you pay a lot extra for more. I've used My Hermes a few times with no problems, and have received lots of parcels from them with no issues.

My nearest MH is within walking distance, whereas my nearest Collect+ is a lot further. For parcels under 1kg, MH is far cheaper, so I'm going to give them a try at least for those.

rum said:
Brianpilman said:

Well the goons on my case have indeed sent me their legal team's address and I am not going to stand anymore of this monkeying around. The failed to redeliver it again yesterday (three times now). I had the slight urge to go and collect it myself (even though I can't justify the additional fuel to drive that distance), checked the opening times on the back of the card and lo and behold they close at 4pm. What a farce.

I think this will just end up in court as I see no other way to resolve things.

Good luck with your situation.

Try to find the CEO of royal mails email address on line somewhere. I once had a parcel go missing and once her secretary was on the case they couldnt do enough to help. I think it was moya.green@royalmail....sorry cant remember if it was .co or .org or something else.

The parcel turned up with all the rips where they had had a peek before deciding it wasn't worth nicking sellotaped up, and I got a full apology and a couple of dozen stamps.

Back
Top Bottom