Romera brushes

Some pics of the bad boy I got. Loving it more as I use it.
With some Tabac cream soaked in to defunk.
View attachment 17776

Haslinger palm latered.
View attachment 17777
Rinsed.
View attachment 17778

Next to a Shavemac 2-band fan. (Shavemac at the right and is dry)
View attachment 17779

Also wanted to share the pic of the brush offered. IMO the handle corresponds but am positive the knot does not. Am still not sure how I feel about that. I like the brush I got. But still might be worth sharing my experience with you.

View attachment 17780
Yeah, they don't look anything like each other , the knot you got looks more like a bulb but not a true bulb. In my humble opinion the knot in the brush you received looks a better knot for that handle. The advertised knot looks too narrow for that handle. In any case it's beautiful the colour and finish are really impressive. Enjoy. Obviously I'm only at the start of my journey with him , I ordered on the 28th of March so I have a while to go I'd imagine. The status is "backorder" at the moment on my account.

Mine actually smelled really nice out of the box not sure what they use to clean the brush with before shipping.

Last edited:
Some pics of the bad boy I got. Loving it more as I use it.
With some Tabac cream soaked in to defunk.
View attachment 17776

Haslinger palm latered.
View attachment 17777
Rinsed.
View attachment 17778

Next to a Shavemac 2-band fan. (Shavemac at the right and is dry)
View attachment 17779

Also wanted to share the pic of the brush offered. IMO the handle corresponds but am positive the knot does not. Am still not sure how I feel about that. I like the brush I got. But still might be worth sharing my experience with you.

View attachment 17780

Beautiful brush and great pictures! I went to check out the website, some very unique handles! Will put this on my wish list :)

Thank you gentlemen. I think it is a lovely looking handle and has a nice feel on the hand. I got a chubby style handle and its made out of pau ferro wood, which I understand is known as Brazilian Ironwood and it literally translates to iron stick. I thought it would be a heavy and dense-cold type of wood but it is not. It is quite light and warm to the touch, quite nice. The knot is a 30mm and am glad it was set way lower than the offering picture. This knot is dense which has given me excellent lather density and face feel. I face lather exclusively.
AFAIK, waiting times have certainly gotten shorter. That's been my experience as well.

Thank you gentlemen. I think it is a lovely looking handle and has a nice feel on the hand. I got a chubby style handle and its made out of pau ferro wood, which I understand is known as Brazilian Ironwood and it literally translates to iron stick. I thought it would be a heavy and dense-cold type of wood but it is not. It is quite light and warm to the touch, quite nice. The knot is a 30mm and am glad it was set way lower than the offering picture. This knot is dense which has given me excellent lather density and face feel. I face lather exclusively.
AFAIK, waiting times have certainly gotten shorter. That's been my experience as well.

Did you source the wood or did Gustavo have it in stock. I don't see it on his website, that's all. I'm really loving it. Also, is that handle one of his styles too & if so, what is it called.

Did you source the wood or did Gustavo have it in stock. I don't see it on his website, that's all. I'm really loving it. Also, is that handle one of his styles too & if so, what is it called.
Jel999 I got an "in stock" brush so Gustavo sourced the wood and the handle was already made when I bought it. On the bottom of the last picture I attached you can see he had it under Chubby style and Pau Ferro type of wood (his wording, not mine). I too was puzzled when I saw it as the style and wood type are not offered on the "customized" tab on his page. If you're interested I would as him directly. Maybe he has something laying around. I would get the handle a tad taller though.

I stand corrected lloydrm had a point about the lottery. Never paid much attention really to the handle just ordered Verzelli as it at the time for some reason was cheaper than the rest but now upon inspection it seems I actually got more of a Bishop the good news is I actually prefer it that way. Definitely a fan of the Grenadilla, aka African Blackwood normally used in wind instruments like the clarinet, dense and heavy, compared to for example Cherry. As for smell it was really nice out of the box but wet after initial cleaning with nose as close as possible able to pick up the faintest scent of wet badger but only just.

I stand corrected lloydrm had a point about the lottery. Never paid much attention really to the handle just ordered Verzelli as it at the time for some reason was cheaper than the rest but now upon inspection it seems I actually got more of a Bishop the good news is I actually prefer it that way. Definitely a fan of the Grenadilla, aka African Blackwood normally used in wind instruments like the clarinet, dense and heavy, compared to for example Cherry. As for smell it was really nice out of the box but wet after initial cleaning with nose as close as possible able to pick up the faintest scent of wet badger but only just.
I was thinking of getting the Beehive style in that African Blackwood after my Rustic Barber in Briar turns up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested there are 2 brushes up in the "brushes in stock" section of the Romera website. A 28mm dark wood chubby style and a 30mm Chubby style also in dark wood. Both are Manchurian fan knots.

Back
Top Bottom