Romera brushes

My Rustic Barber turned up a day short of 2 months and 8 days of that was making its way through the postal network.
f5a3ad667839c97bb8f8f54992092567.jpg

Pre bloom
ce016754b236dd5ee97afb160cc85a6b.jpg

49bf30c1cd4d5713a6e45823aabfb5b8.jpg

Post bloom
c43d691df3d273d354e63ff390cd02cd.jpg

I also took delivery of an ATT S2 base plate to keep my S1 company.
I'm very happy with the brush, it's got great backbone but the tips are very plush and soft. I'll be using it tonight for the first time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nice brush
I have bought a 24 Manchurian FAN and I'm thinking set at 50 mm height
How height is your brush?

Enjoy it!
It is a 26mm knot with a 50mm loft. I think if I got any higher of a loft it would have splayed too much for me.

Last edited:
Beautiful brush. How's the density? Are you able to compare to a thater, shavemac or Simpson?
I have the Xmas TSR LE brush in the fan knot (26mm/50mm) and the only other Simpson I have is a Chubby 2. I've only used it the once but the density is very similar to the Shavemac but I'd say the Romera Manchurian is just a tad softer than the Shavemac Silvertip but not by much. Both have the hooked gel tips , so I'd say the Romera just shades it since it's a bit less expensive and if you want a bigger knot then the comparative price jump between knot sizes are not as pronounced with the Romera. Although a custom Shavemac will undoubtedly arrive before a Romera will:D

I have the Xmas TSR LE brush in the fan knot (26mm/50mm) and the only other Simpson I have is a Chubby 2. I've only used it the once but the density is very similar to the Shavemac but I'd say the Romera Manchurian is just a tad softer than the Shavemac Silvertip but not by much. Both have the hooked gel tips , so I'd say the Romera just shades it since it's a bit less expensive and if you want a bigger knot then the comparative price jump between knot sizes are not as pronounced with the Romera. Although a custom Shavemac will undoubtedly arrive before a Romera will:D

Thank you! :)

Did yours come a little dirty and stinky? Mine was. First couple of rinses lather from the middle of the knot came out brownish and then it smelled. It is fine now.
I believe the Shavemac on yours does not have the same hair type I have (silvertip two-band, same size though), but the density of the Romera gives it quite a bit more backbone, which I like.

Did yours come a little dirty and stinky? Mine was. First couple of rinses lather from the middle of the knot came out brownish and then it smelled. It is fine now.
I believe the Shavemac on yours does not have the same hair type I have (silvertip two-band, same size though), but the density of the Romera gives it quite a bit more backbone, which I like.
No it wasn't dirty and the funk has been quite a bit less than some brushes. Some of the paint or staining that is used for the section at the top of the brush rinsed off in the sink but did not change the look of the finish. I think my Shavemac is the 2 band silvertip that was available with the TSR Xmas LE bush, it's definitely Silvertip though. I have had that brown water from the knot when rinsing for the first time on a number of brushes at various price points though. The backbone and density is great on this knot.[emoji1]

Back
Top Bottom