Romera brushes

Good choice!
Mine arrived Saturday and am very pleased with it. Have only used it twice so nothing conclusive yet but so far great face feel, its density makes it an awesome lather maker but certainly not a lather hog, great brush so far.

Good choice!
Mine arrived Saturday and am very pleased with it. Have only used it twice so nothing conclusive yet but so far great face feel, its density makes it an awesome lather maker but certainly not a lather hog, great brush so far.
Congratulations, how long did it take from order to delivery for it?

I love the look of these brushes - what are thoughts on the knots?
Not enough use to say much yet on my end. For now: great density, soft tips and nice backbone which might be given partly by its density as the hair is on the thin side. I like that it tends to make a dense lather and it releases it with ease. Fan knot is more a hybrid than a true fan. Its not a perfect looking-well aligned-uniform knot, like thaters, simpsons, epsilons and specially shavemacs. Performance is great though. FWIW, other badger brushes I have in use are shavemac 2-band ban and paladin-sabini. Oh, romera needs serious defunking.
They all say "in stock". I think the only ones that are actually in stock are the synthetic ones. He may be being a bit fly and meaning the knot and material for the handle is "in stock" to make the brush. Who knows?
You are right. I meant to say I did not get to customize my brush, so I picked one from the "in stock" section (where some synths are showing now), as opposed to the "customized section".
Now, am not sure what that really means. I suspect the handle I got was shown with a different-more fan-perfect looking knot (probably not glued). So, who knows!? Well worth the wait though.

Not enough use to say much yet on my end. For now: great density, soft tips and nice backbone which might be given partly by its density as the hair is on the thin side. I like that it tends to make a dense lather and it releases it with ease. Fan knot is more a hybrid than a true fan. Its not a perfect looking-well aligned-uniform knot, like thaters, simpsons, epsilons and specially shavemacs. Performance is great though. FWIW, other badger brushes I have in use are shavemac 2-band ban and paladin-sabini. Oh, romera needs serious defunking.

You are right. I meant to say I did not get to customize my brush, so I picked one from the "in stock" section (where some synths are showing now), as opposed to the "customized section".
Now, am not sure what that really means. I suspect the handle I got was shown with a different-more fan-perfect looking knot (probably not glued). So, who knows!? Well worth the wait though.
Thanks for the info.

Some pics of the bad boy I got. Loving it more as I use it.
With some Tabac cream soaked in to defunk.
2016-04-08 14.03.29 copy.jpg

Haslinger palm latered.
2016-04-08 14.18.33 copy.jpg
Rinsed.
2016-04-08 14.22.51 copy.jpg

Next to a Shavemac 2-band fan. (Shavemac at the right and is dry)
2016-04-08 14.24.33 copy.jpg

Also wanted to share the pic of the brush offered. IMO the handle corresponds but am positive the knot does not. Am still not sure how I feel about that. I like the brush I got. But still might be worth sharing my experience with you.

2016-02-22 09.04.46 copy.jpg

I just ordered one because the brushes look great. I asked whether he would make the knot in a fan shape even though it was not one of the options. If I don't like it I'm blaming you Lloyd.

I just ordered one because the brushes look great. I asked whether he would make the knot in a fan shape even though it was not one of the options. If I don't like it I'm blaming you Lloyd.
Rob let me tell you something, Romeras are like ordering food the new local Chinese take-out: chances are you'll be getting something different than expected but chances are you will end-up pleasantly surprised ...

Back
Top Bottom