Closed Roll Up, Roll Up.... Blade Bazaar PIF!

chriszacharek said:
eneville said:
I've some blades left over from a Russian sample pack. Anyone want them, should I start a new thread, there's not loads, probably a couple of dozen blades. (Many of them are listed on http://usenix.org.uk/content/wet_shave.html#blade_gallery, but that's not important right now.)

What's the best way to post handful of blades? Do they survive in a reused junk mail envelope if I fold them a couple of times in paper?

Hi,
I got a bit of a Russian interest thing going on at the moment if these are being passed on? Keen to try anything Russian/shave related. Unless they are being added to the big pif thing of course...
Chris

Since you can't buy them over here readily I don't see much sense in trying to keep a Russian blade PIF going, unless anyone else thinks it's worth starting. I'm happy to send these on to someone to just use up as I've worked out which my favourite is.

So, if you want them, I'll send them on to you once I've got an idea for economy postage (without disrupting this main PIF).

eneville said:
chriszacharek said:
eneville said:
I've some blades left over from a Russian sample pack. Anyone want them, should I start a new thread, there's not loads, probably a couple of dozen blades. (Many of them are listed on http://usenix.org.uk/content/wet_shave.html#blade_gallery, but that's not important right now.)

What's the best way to post handful of blades? Do they survive in a reused junk mail envelope if I fold them a couple of times in paper?

Hi,
I got a bit of a Russian interest thing going on at the moment if these are being passed on? Keen to try anything Russian/shave related. Unless they are being added to the big pif thing of course...
Chris

Since you can't buy them over here readily I don't see much sense in trying to keep a Russian blade PIF going, unless anyone else thinks it's worth starting. I'm happy to send these on to someone to just use up as I've worked out which my favourite is.

So, if you want them, I'll send them on to you once I've got an idea for economy postage (without disrupting this main PIF).
I'm next on the list, if you send them on to me I'll shove them in the pif when it gets here if you like.

It went in the post today along with literally another 80 packages I had to post out, the old dears behind me in the post office queue were cursing me and all I could think whilst they did was "Yeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss Revenge is Mine !!!!!!" for all the times I ever spent queued behind them in the post office.

Charliej said:
It went in the post today along with literally another 80 packages I had to post out, the old dears behind me in the post office queue were cursing me and all I could think whilst they did was "Yeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss Revenge is Mine !!!!!!" for all the times I ever spent queued behind them in the post office.

mwah ha ha :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

Charliej said:

:icon_mrgreen: brilliant.

I might PIF the package a blade at a time :icon_twisted:

Taypsie
superflyguy
JohnVaux
Jon_mooseuk
bigfatbloke71
jonnie1881
dendass
Roy_Drage
vman
anotheruser
dendass
omp
uncle bertie
rowlers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted the blade bazaar with good old fashioned Royal Mail, all the blades are in an old Tassimo coffee pod box anyway so all I did was use one of those ebay style plastic postaing bags and wrap it tightly round once the box was inside and then taped it shut. For anything over 1kg I use Collect Plus 3-5 day economy service costs £4.89 for up to 2kg and comes with tracking and £50 free insurance included, if you pay with paypal they also let you use the buy now pay in 14 days option so you can make sure it arrives. Quite often the parcels arrive next day depending on what time of day you drop them off and your nearest collection point (in my case a corner shop less than 100 yards away).

Generally speaking when posting blades make sure they are wrapped in cardboard as well as the container they are in and don't tell the person behind the counter it's razor blades, otherwise you may get delayed explaining all about how they are safely packed, providing you use some common sense and make sure there is no way a blade could cut through the outer package even if it escaped its paper wrapper you'll be fine.

I was back again today but only another 12 packages this time lol, it's all from a Group Buy I organised on Coffee Forums UK for parts from a wholesaler of catering supplies that I have a trade credit account with.

Just moving myself further down the list, would like to be have a fixxed arm before the PIF arrives :)

Taypsie
superflyguy
Jon_mooseuk
bigfatbloke71
jonnie1881
dendass
Roy_Drage
vman
anotheruser
dendass
omp
uncle bertie