Closed Roll Up, Roll Up.... Blade Bazaar PIF!

Gentlemen....

I have a special PIF going here for blade sampling.

This sample pack contains 75 blades, approx 15 different brands (brands are to be kept secret), there are some blades which are "duffers" but then there are also a few treats in there too. All in my opinion though.

However, this is a special PIF, there are rules.

1. I'd like this to be an ongoing PIF till all the blades are gone. I.e. you receive the parcel of blades, you try a few, then PIF to someone else.

2. You do NOT take out all the "good" blades and PIF the "duffers".

3. Once the blades leave my hands, I am not responsible for what you receive from other members or how long it takes them to PIF to another member, although I'd suggest having a look through them, removing a few, then do a PIF for the rest.

Numbers 1 & 2 there are mainly as a guide to newer members as I'd already expect time-served members of the forum to act in the manner described. You know..... gentlemanly fashion and all that.

So, there it is. Any questions then post here or PM me.

As always First Come, First Served.

P.S. to HM, PC, Boab etc, if I have broken any rules doing this, please let me know.

moodymick said:
You could always get people to add the the PIF as it goes around on a blade in blade out basis. Then sit back and wait and see how long it takes for there to be 75 Derby's / Merkur's. ;)

Seriously though, nice idea :)

Just don't let it go to sunburyboy, it'll end up with a thousand Jewels in it.

Damn, you nailed my MO

I was hoping that eventually it would come back to me with 75 Iridiums which I could sell in the states for £100

You pesky kids......................

No one wants the PIF as yet though

Nice one Andy

Using it as a sort of ongoing box pass might be worthwhile. Newbies can try a selection and those with a blade stash can nick a few and add a few, as opposed to just plundering.

Great idea Andy, kind of "pass the parcel", especially if everyone adds as they take. It could be the longest PIF ever, the gift that keeps on giving!

I was on a gardening forum ages ago where they did the same thing with seed packs, you took what you fancied, and replaced them with some of your favourite seeds and then posted it on. It's still going 2 years later. Great fun.

And yes, I'm up for it please, after the new gentleman above if I may. :)

Edit: Works best when members can post it on fairly quickly, we had a few members on the gardening one who kept hold of the parcel for like 2 weeks.

Canuck said:
Great idea Andy, kind of "pass the parcel", especially if everyone adds as they take. It could be the longest PIF ever, the gift that keeps on giving!

I was on a gardening forum ages ago where they did the same thing with seed packs, you took what you fancied, and replaced them with some of your favourite seeds and then posted it on. It's still going 2 years later. Great fun.

And yes, I'm up for it please, after the new gentleman above if I may. :)

Edit: Works best when members can post it on fairly quickly, we had a few members on the gardening one who kept hold of the parcel for like 2 weeks.

I would like to be piffed to next will post on after receiving and to the next member that puts his name after this posting. Great idea and I will obviously add different blades to what I have used. Thank for that and a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom