Right then, be honest....

I got into wet shaving (again) maybe 6 months ago. Hmm.. Let me see:

£120 in 4 DEs
£30 in 4 soaps
£60 in 1 strop
£20 in 1 badger
£800 in 3 SRs

Leslie145 said:
Having only been a member of/been influenced/corrupted by this forum for the last 8/9 months, I think I've done fairly well...

I reckon taking in RAD & SAD into account, & having avoided BAD (so far...) I'd say approx £150(ish)

Hmmm - thinking about it, does shaving expense include a new bathroom cabinet which we didn't have before, but since being here, we developed a need for...? :blush:

dodgy said:
TRXnMe said:
:blush:

I'm reading up on after shave and shaving balm as I'd like to increase my variety with these, but don't really need either as using the alum block and a cold splash seems to be working nicely for my skin.

Hi there,

I know what you're saying about using the alum block to finish up, and that's fine for the warmer months when perspiration is more in the mix. Colder months shaves can benefit by some kinda soothing balm being applied to keep the skin hydrated and protected from the nasty weather. I will use a very light aftershave almost always in the summer, but not often in the winter.

Something to keep in mind,

Martin

My skin has always been slightly greasy, so I've been more a user of astringent rather than moisturiser.

Saying that the bluebeards revenge shaving balm the wife got me is really very good at dealing with those spots on my neck where the razor gets a little too close and leaves a slight warm feeling, but such a small pot wont last long if I start to use it more widely, so until I find another replacement it will only be used sparingly :)

SmallBeard said:
buzzhave7 said:
On my second month so far on wet shaving. Here's what I able to buy (can't remember the prices)

Ice razor
Merkur HD
EJ DE89L
Feather as1
Gillette 1952 tech
Gillette 1932 Canadian made

I hope I can stop from here! Lol!

I forgot about this thread!

You won't want to hear this, but if you've spent that in 2 months it's only going to get much worse :icon_razz:

My "60-70 pound" in February is likely 10 times that now as I approach a year! I've sold most on but all at a loss. I imagine some figures on this list have climbed somewhat...

Yikes...I know you are right.

This thread has reminded me about the old joke of the man in the pub.

Two blokes talking about life and death, musing as you do after 'a few' beers, the one guy turns to his mate and says "do you know what scared me the most?, that my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I'd paid for it" :D

Maybe a bit exagerated, but I have to admit my missus doesn't know quite exactly how much I've spent on this hobby in the last 2 months :blush:

TRXnMe said:
This thread has reminded me about the old joke of the man in the pub.

Two blokes talking about life and death, musing as you do after 'a few' beers, the one guy turns to his mate and says "do you know what scared me the most?, that my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I'd paid for it" :D

Maybe a bit exagerated, but I have to admit my missus doesn't know quite exactly how much I've spent on this hobby in the last 2 months :blush:

Lol

Back
Top Bottom