Right then, be honest....

How much do you reckon you've spent all in all, over the years, on shaving stuff? I mean traditional, wet shaving stuff?

I originally thought I'd save money, but that quickly went out the window....

So, unless this is deemed a bit too personal, what do you reckon you've spent?

And how much does SWMBO think you've spent :icon_razz:

I can imagine a big difference in the two :D.

If it's too personal to ask, or not good etiquette then apologies, I'm still fairly new :D.

Alex

No idea, but I have probably spent a couple of thousand over the course of the last year. I have sold a fair few bits as well so probably recouped about half of that.

How much does the wife think I have spent? Probably something similar but she doesn't really care what I spend money on as long as there is plenty available for when she wants something new.

The Geordie Shaver said:
I started in October 2011 , probably over 4K in total , but, then again I don't drink , smoke or gamble so I consider it my little "indulgence"

Derrick

WOW! Thats a nice amount :D Care to share some of the stuff you've bought?? :)

I've bought some stuff, sold some stuff and I've stumbled across some stuff which I've sold on for silly money.

All in all, over the past 5+ years I reckon I'm 'down' about £500 which in the grand scheme of things isn't too much.

I've probably spent well over a thousand. Not so much on razors, maybe 3 hundred, another 3 hundred on brushes, and at least 4 or 5 hundred on smellies and creams, possibly more.
Probably not that much compared to some of the hardcore lads here!

Probably looking at around £500 since October 11. I mainly went mad on creams, which compared to hardware is fairly inexpensive. I own 3 razors and 3 brushes, which seems a fairly low number compared to some.

joe mcclaine said:
I've bought some stuff, sold some stuff and I've stumbled across some stuff which I've sold on for silly money.

All in all, over the past 5+ years I reckon I'm 'down' about £500 which in the grand scheme of things isn't too much.

Smellies included? He he...

Well, to much, how much I don't know. I try to sell razor that I restore, to even things out, but trust me, it's far from even, very far. My biggest ocd is buying vintage razors and I think I got some really nice brushes and hones.

A rough estaminet £600 ishh probably more,:s but don't tell Mrs J neither :dodgy:
Crank poster, no dear that's a different John, yeh John from Japan,you know I've only spent £3.45 in the time spent in TSR , so yes you can use my iPad and spy but you'll never find me out ;-)

Well £20 a week equates to approx £1K a year, I very rarely go more than a week before i purchase some shaving related clobber. So on that basis I reckon I've spent about £1200-£1500 last year and well on course to top that in 2013.

Mikael said:
joe mcclaine said:

Smellies included? He he...

Oh no no no ... wouldn't dare.

Wow, I'm a rank amateur :( Probably less than £150 all in since the end of December. I have however noticed that I have started to 'watch' vintage razors on Ebay and I accidentally found myself in TOBs and Trumpers whilst wandering round London recently. Is that how it starts?

Back
Top Bottom