revisor razors

jim3rg said:
They were quick to reply and didn't wait long for delivery (although it seemed like a lifetime to an impatient old sod like me) and I am very pleased with the razor.

Jim

Agreed- Sabine answered e-mails very quickly. Excellent to deal with and the service was excellent.

And yes- I adore the razor. They say not to strop it until you've used it a few times- I took advice from the guys on here and stropped it after the first shave- wow- thought it was good before!

Will be going for at least on razor. maybe two once they are back online after their Easter break (2nd to 12th April).

After perusing the goods on offer............

In the rarities section there is a Gotta 5/8" with black scales for Eur 108.00 / £80.00 (Executive shaving have the same razor offered for £145.00). Happy to order one of these for my first true straight. Have read some good things about the 120 blade.

I may go for a second so I have a back up razor if one has to be sent off to be honed.

They have a Gotta 5/8" with the same 120 blade with a squarer edge and imitation ivory/bone scales on offer for Eur 115 / £85 which would be a great addition to the first one.

They also have a couple of Alcoso razors and Luko razors that I like the look of and one Revisor "Barbers King" with grey marbled scales that is quite attractive.

Had a good conversation through Facebook with Alistair at Westholme strops too for a starter handmade strop :)

Cheers Jim. Will deffo have one of his starters once I decide on which 2nd (Will go for the Gotta with dark scales as my 1st choice) I order from the Revisor site :) This evening I am leaning towards either the Revisor with the gray scales or the Luko with the nice Gold plated / etched blade and imitation mother of pearl scales. This is likely to change the more I visit the site though!

Thanks guys.... Now I am looking on this site too!!!! ;-)

Always wanted to get into straights but have stopped myself so far as I know I will not have the money for all the sharpening stones, or time to keep the blade in the best condition....

......... But they do look sooooooooo nice.......

A couple of razors and a strop seems to be the way forward + the occasional honing by members on here that offer the service. It's just having to make the initial choice of razors. Mine will be being used, so a couple of workhorses to start with, so I'm looking in the region of £80 each for razors and £40 (delivered) for a strop :)

My first straight was a 6/8 kropp off the bay which UK rob kindly honed for me, that was about 6 months ago and I still get a good shave from it. If memory serves, the Kropp cost around £35 plus honing.

Jim

Thanks BB - I have ordered one of Alastair's / Westholme starter strops. Definitely going to make an enquiry to Revisor for the Gotta 5/8ths with dark scales and very probably the Luko with the nicely etched blade as the scales are also branded Luko and look like they have always been together as a razor. Now to find a good box to keep them together in..............

You should write to Revisor and request some commission Tony :) I'm gonna spend just over Eur 200 to make the most of the free shipping being offered!

Thanks for posting original thread!

Haha! No problem, Tony, I'd already seen the Revisor site and investigating it brought me to TSR. Loads of "thumbs up" here and elsewhere. The ones I am interested are around the budget I'd set myself and there's some fall-back with the 14 day return if not satisfied option they offer.

I'll take a look at the Koraats site.....out of interest....... :p

.......Just did. I have seen that site already, but think my tastes are a lot more vintage.

I have been to Poland nearly once a year for the past 9 years and imagine this will continue. The next time I am there I'll see if I can find a decent "Wapi" Wapinieca razor. Apparently the blades are very good, although original scales are stainless steel as they were made for use in Russian hospitals and needed sterilizing in very hot steam. If I can get one with little blade usage, then perhaps it could be an option for having custom scales made to improve the balance?

Hi all, after reading this thread I had a look at the Revisor website, what a mistake for the bank balance!
I was looking for a starter straight, I use a shavette at the moment, and the 5/8th Classic is listed as €77, that's £55.00. Are they really that cheap?

Thanks,

Bigmcg

Back
Top Bottom