revisor razors

This is the one coming my way Jamie

http://www.revisor-solingen.de/index.php/en/razors/revisor/6-8/6-0037-detail

It's one of their own I believe. Very good value, £96 delivered- supposedly shave ready according to Sabine (she's not the Sabine who drives Transits around the Nurburgring faster than most top end sports cars is she?? If so she may get more orders ;)) )

Tony.T said:

It's one of their own I believe. Very good value, £96 delivered- supposedly shave ready according to Sabine (she's not the Sabine who drives Transits around the Nurburgring faster than most top end sports cars is she?? If so she may get more orders ;)) )
Tony, Just received an email letting me know they mailed my razor yesterday, have you heard anything about yours yet?

Jim

jim3rg said:
Tony.T said:

Tony, Just received an email letting me know they mailed my razor yesterday, have you heard anything about yours yet?

Jim

had my e-mail yesterday so now it's waiting time......

Well it arrived Saturday, collected it from work today (I never get stuff sent to my home address as we are never here when the post arrives and it's a 6 mile trip with parking issues to collect from the PO)

Far nicer in the flesh than the photo on their website suggests.

Sneaked into the bathroom a short while ago to test drive it........

I think I've fallen in love (again)- much, much better than the TI I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Hi there. I hope I'm still on topic here.

I'm interested in one or two razors on the Revisor site Tony.T and jim3rg have used. This will be my first true straight after using a Dovo shavette with Lord blades in the short red blade holder (I hack my face to bits with the Dovo long blades in the black holder) for the last few months. Reading your posts, I guess the razors you both bought arrived 100% shave ready.

What would be a good beginners strop and paste(s) to buy for use with my first razor? I understand a 5/8" is a good blade for a beginner and I am looking to spend around £75 - £130 on my first straight.

Cheers,

Graham

Hi Graham
I am new to straights and still on the learning curve.
My Revisor Gold 5/8 with the red scales did indeed arrive and shave ready. I purchased a westholme starter strop which is brilliant for my use. Dont know anything about pastes yet as I have never used them.

Jim

Sounds great Jim. Will start refining my wishlist!

...............................'Cos time is short and life is cruel but it's up to us to change this town called Malice...........................

Just noticed your sig, haha! Are you a bass player per chance?

Ok - a great bassline is a bonus on any song. I know a bass player that loves playing the intro to TCM.

Narrowed my search on the Revisor site down to a choice of 1 from the "Revisor" 5/8" list and to 6 from the "Rarities" list. Narrowed that doen a little further............They have 2 x 5/8" by Gotta. One with imitation bone/ivory scales and one with black scales. They have 120 blades and I have seen some razor forums with members raving about how well they shave.

I was going to make an enquiry, but the Revisor office is closed from 2nd April to 12th April for Easter holidays.

What is the process? e-mail them with intention to purchase, wait for the invoice, pay and then they send the goods?

Will now be counting down the next 12 days.............

They were quick to reply and didn't wait long for delivery (although it seemed like a lifetime to an impatient old sod like me) and I am very pleased with the razor.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom