Rapira Blades

Re: RE: Rapira Blades

Canuck said:
As I posted earlier, I think if anything the Voshkod are that bit better, but they're certainly one of the better blades I've ever had.
I temper this with my famously held view that I think I'm the least discerning blade user ever to grace TSR. I only ever disliked Sharks, Treet, and a few of the Lord range.

Think I maybe the same but I rather like the treet 's in certain razors. Can't stand sharks at all!

Cheese grater, eh? You should read Tom Sharpe's, The Throwback. T'was on my Higher English recommended reading list and School never gave me anything funnier - well not directly anyway. :angel:

Gairdner said:
I was just going to ask you about blade preferences - good timing. Hmm, Sputniks eh? I should have bought the sampler pack instead of fifty here and fifty there. :icon_rolleyes:

Yeah, those are definitely in my top 3 along with Astras and Bleues. I could send you a pack if you PMed me your addy.

Gairdner said:
I was just going to ask you about blade preferences - good timing. Hmm, Sputniks eh? I should have bought the sampler pack instead of fifty here and fifty there. :icon_rolleyes:

I thought the same, but decided that based on the positive reviews for the rapiras, I'd be safe with them, and it give me all the more reason to bulk buy others in the future ;).

Second shave with the Rapira last night, again 2 day growth, due to having a few beers tuesday and deciding NOT to shave afterwards.

Really liking this blade a lot, nice, smooth, close shave. Up there with my favourites. going to have to order some I think.

Used my first Rapira today/tonight.

Good shave, although not as close with fewer passes compared to the lab blue which I used before, but a good shave none the less. Very smooth. I dialled the super adjustable up, but I'll be bringing it down for the next shave as it wasn't necessary.

A bit of a rushed shave, seeing as its 01:16 and I wanted to get off to bed, so in better circumstances and with a bit more time, maybe it will be a perfect shave. Bit more sting when applying the alum, probably due to the increased aggression with the adjustable. 2 passes, one across, one against, but needed more touches than my previous shave to sort the problem areas. Very impressed though, at the moment my next favourite to the Personna Lab Blues, but I can't make a claim until I've used it more. Very happy though.

Gairdner said:
Cheese grater, eh? You should read Tom Sharpe's, The Throwback. T'was on my Higher English recommended reading list and School never gave me anything funnier - well not directly anyway. :angel:

Sharpe's 'Vintage Stuff' is even better.

Preferred The Throwback over Vintage Stuff but still uproariously funny. That scene where the old spinsters were mucking about with a certain piece of aparatus and egg whites then the vicar walks in. F'n hilarious!

The books that got him fired out of South Africa were darn funny too. :icon_lol:

EDIT:

Swapped out my usual Rapira for a 1960s Scottish made Perma-Sharp and thought it really rather good. :D

Must read some more Tom Sharpe. Only read Porterhouse Blue many years ago. Seem to remember an explosion caused by gas filled condoms in the chimney... weird... but one of those occasions where I laughed so much I felt something snap inside!

Helveticum said:
You Russian blade lovers should really try to get hold of some Sputniks - those are nice and smooooth.

You're right, I liked them so much I bought 200 of them and 100 of the Super Platinums!

Back
Top Bottom