Rapira Blades

I've had 4 orders from Unuta77 no problem. The tracking number only works when the item is delivered :-/ so I have no idea where my package is between Russia and the UK :huh: Anyway I'm sure eventually they will be delivered. This week probably now I've posted this :icon_redface:

Brian

I'm persevering with the Swedish Supersteels Canuck sent me - they were horrid in my 34c and not much better in my DE89L - however, I love Voskhods in my Slim, and, as the Supersteels are supposed to be similar, I've decided to try them in the Slim, HD Rocket and maybe my Slant as well. If I still don't like them, they'll go to someone as a freebie with a sale.

jds said:
Having the same problem with comrade Unuta77 on some Russian gear. Ordered 22 Jan, posted 29th Jan, seem to have gone back to Russia on 12 February and now somewhere between Russia and my parents house. I am beginning to think that they won't arrive....

That said the Voskhod blades are excellent and I got those from Unuta77.

Mine are showing as having reached the place of international exchange and processing. Hoping, hoping.....

Methinks their postal system has a touch of the trotskys......
turd.gif

Gairdner said:
jds said:
Having the same problem with comrade Unuta77 on some Russian gear. Ordered 22 Jan, posted 29th Jan, seem to have gone back to Russia on 12 February and now somewhere between Russia and my parents house. I am beginning to think that they won't arrive....

That said the Voskhod blades are excellent and I got those from Unuta77.

Mine are showing as having reached the place of international exchange and processing. Hoping, hoping.....

Methinks their postal system has a touch of the trotskys......
turd.gif

Done some more searching my blades look like they're keeping yours company :icon_cheesygrin:

WiffWaff said:
Got my Rapiras from these two sellers, both recommended by members of this forum and I had absolutely no problem with them... you can buy with confidence:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261036703718?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200850887114?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ooops... just read what Graeme said about Unuta77 (the Rapira Swedish seller)... I had no problem with him anyway.

Thanks for the links but having gone through some serious fraud problems with said auction site a few years ago I know refuse to deal through them.

Probably some Russian vodka holiday whereby you can't go back to work until you've drank three times your own body weight and had at least one organ transplant. Either that or all the girls at the Russian sorting office are in comas after smelling their bosses latest Novaya Zarya cologne. At least the blades won't be lonely and there's every chance that somewhere along the line, somebody will have a moment of lucidity, peer through the Rodnik mist and send them on their merry way.

Gairdner said:
Probably some Russian vodka holiday whereby you can't go back to work until you've drank three times your own body weight and had at least one organ transplant. Either that or all the girls at the Russian sorting office are in comas after smelling their bosses latest Novaya Zarya cologne. At least the blades won't be lonely and there's every chance that somewhere along the line, somebody will have a moment of lucidity, peer through the Rodnik mist and send them on their merry way.

Either that, or Border Agency are checking the parcel for traces of Uranium and Polonium-210.

Glad to hear you enjoyed them Griffo, I've yet to use them myself still! I'm breaking in a new razor, so until I know it well enough not to remove my face with it, I'm sticking to the Personna Lab Blues, but think my next blade will probably be one of the Rapiras.

You're welcome, I still have the sample pack to keep on working through, and it will be feather next, when I feel brave enough :blush:.

SmallBeard said:
Glad to hear you enjoyed them Griffo, I've yet to use them myself still! I'm breaking in a new razor, so until I know it well enough not to remove my face with it, I'm sticking to the Personna Lab Blues, but think my next blade will probably be one of the Rapiras.

You're welcome, I still have the sample pack to keep on working through, and it will be feather next, when I feel brave enough :blush:.

thoroughly enjoyed my shave, will see how they do on the 2nd day.

I just never seem to get a good 2nd shave from the Feathers - and I really don't know why.

Tall_Paul said:
I've got 100 each of the Voskhods, Rapiras and Rapira Swedes so that should tell you how much I rate them.

I really like Rapira Swedes too. How do the Voskhods compare to them? I'm thinking of stocking up on one or the other (or maybe both?)

FrankieG said:
Rapira Swedes... How do the Voskhods compare to them? I'm thinking of stocking up on one or the other (or maybe both?)

As I posted earlier, I think if anything the Voshkod are that bit better, but they're certainly one of the better blades I've ever had.
I temper this with my famously held view that I think I'm the least discerning blade user ever to grace TSR. I only ever disliked Sharks, Treet, and a few of the Lord range.

I was just going to ask you about blade preferences - good timing. Hmm, Sputniks eh? I should have bought the sampler pack instead of fifty here and fifty there. :icon_rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom