Rapira Blades

smallbeard very kindly sent me over a couple of packs of Rapira blades last week and last night was the first time I've tried one of these blades.

I was sent 2 Rapira blades - super stainless and Swedish stainless.

Last night was the turn of the Super stainless and I'll try the Swedish ones next week.

Loaded in to a Fatip Piccolo I went for my usual product when trying out a new blade in some Proraso, this time I reached for the blue.

I hadn't shaved since Saturday morning so I had 2.5 days growth which is normal for me on a Monday. Well this was an excellent shave. The blade felt smooth and sharp without ever feeling I was going to get nicked or cut. I did my usual 3.5 pass shave and the difficult bit on the right hand side of my neck was as smooth as when I've used my favourite blades such as Astra SP, Gillete Yellows or Personna IP.

I always finish of with a wet cold rinse including soaking flannel under the cold tap, removing the excess water and then placing this over my face - prefer this to using an alum block. Then went about cleaning the blade/razor/brush and doing a bit of washing up (my bathroom is through my kitchen) so 15 mins later and no sign of irritation at all. The Proraso blue is a great cream and the post shave file is squeaky clean. I did decide to splash some Proraso AS on anyway and there was no sign of burn or any need to grunt and swear, just that lovely menthol fresh feel from the AS.

I'll see how the blade goes for the rest of this week and try the Swedish next week but so far after the Monday shave this has proven to be up there with my favourite blades.

Big thank you to Smallbeard for sending these over to me.

My favourite blades, Rapira SS and Rapira Swedish... just as well, as I now have 100 of each. Haven't used them enough to establish the difference between them, but quite happy to use both/either

Smallbeard got them from Bestshave and it seems he had a problem free experience of using them from what he told me so I can see myself grabbing 100 of them as well.

WiffWaff said:
Haven't used them enough to establish the difference between them, but quite happy to use both/either.

Me too! Great blades and my 100 came from Bestshave with no trouble either. Currently waiting on 50 Voskhod from Unuta77 on ebay but they seem to be taking rather an age.

Got my Rapiras from these two sellers, both recommended by members of this forum and I had absolutely no problem with them... you can buy with confidence:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261036703718?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200850887114?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ooops... just read what Graeme said about Unuta77 (the Rapira Swedish seller)... I had no problem with him anyway.

Och Steve, it won't be Unuta77's fault, just a vagary of the postal system. I've had no issues before now and the guy's genuine for sure. You watch, they'll land this week! Seriously, I'd buy from the guy again but the Rapira Pinks are just so damn good and 400 can be had for £20 on the bay if you look. NTS has used that supplier before with success. Mind you, £20 is £5 over the customs limit so beware - you may get bitten you may not. Computer keeps switching itself off at the mo so I'll not risk trying to post a link!

Gairdner said:
WiffWaff said:
Haven't used them enough to establish the difference between them, but quite happy to use both/either.

Me too! Great blades and my 100 came from Bestshave with no trouble either. Currently waiting on 50 Voskhod from Unuta77 on ebay but they seem to be taking rather an age.

I've been waiting 15 days for 100 Rapira Chrome from Unuta77 on ebay. Very unusual normally takes 7 to 10 days :s.

Brian

Unuta77 is a really good seller, occasionally the post can be a bit slow but you can track it.
If you like these then you'll probably like Voshkod too, they're possibly even that bit better.

Gairdner said:
WiffWaff said:

Having the same problem with comrade Unuta77 on some Russian gear. Ordered 22 Jan, posted 29th Jan, seem to have gone back to Russia on 12 February and now somewhere between Russia and my parents house. I am beginning to think that they won't arrive....

That said the Voskhod blades are excellent and I got those from Unuta77.

Back
Top Bottom