Pig Cat gets a straight!

Arrowhead said:
Sounds good PC. Skin stretching is essential in my opinion, and helps prevent cuts. No ATG on the top lip just yet, I'd say ;)

Nope, I don't even bother doing that with a DE, but in some ways I reckon it could be slightly easier. Well, a bit further down the line.

Just faceturbating now actually and my face is still really smooth from this morning. I'm really very pleased! :p

PS Can I just add one more thank you to everyone who has helped me through this roller-coaster of a journey. ;)

Another great shave today with just one silly nick down the cheek because I lost concentration and started with almost a 90 degree angle at one point! :eek: Not a bad one though. Anyway, I tried using my left hand to shave today, mainly for the bit below my left ear which seems too out of reach for my right hand. I found it very difficult. Would you suggest I try and learn to do a full shave with my left, just so I can be ambidextrous? Or, is it perfectly possible to use just one hand and is this just a matter of finding the right grip and angle using my right hand?

:?

PS Nanny's soap is getting a lot of use at the moment!! :shave

I suggest you start using your left hand, it´ll make things easier in the long run and you´ll learn pretty fast (I was surprised). The longer you wait, the harder it´ll get to switch. Sounds like you´re starting to like it :D

I use different hands depending on where on my face I am shaving, takes about a week I'd say to get used to it!
Give it a try just using left, would be interested to learn how you got on! :shave

Whisp
:D

Normally I restrain myself...but after all this is Pigcat's thread....

'pull your foreskin over yer heid'

'I employed some skin stretching and found that by doing so I could eliminate shaving on my jawline altogether'

Is it just me, or should this be in the jokes section? NSFW

Pigcat, we all know the depths of salacious deprivation that have been known to occur in this otherwise gentlemanly cyberplace - well, I'm not blaming Hando. But on this occasion, it is me to blame. But let me drag my mind back up from the gutter, and ask - how's the stropping going? Back on thread. :D

Well Sharon, thanks for asking. Stropping appears to be going just fine. The blade is certainly keeping up its sharpness. Luckily I am gaining ever more control over the thing so little nicks are getting scarcer. Tonight's shave was a particular success which I put down to maybe three things:

I'm more relaxed so I don't hold the razor in a vice-like grip like when I began.

I'm more careful. Sounds strange but I'm actually focussing on the spot I'm shaving. With the DE I would go more by feel and not always have to look at the patch I was shaving.

Connaught Spearmint shaving cream. I think the first two reasons played the biggest part in my success tonight, but I have to say that Paul's cream is a pleasure to use. I had tucked it away for a while as it's perhaps more of a summer cream but thought I'd give it a go. There is something different about the lather it makes. The texture is very silky and, combined with the lovely scent, it makes me want to eat it! Anyway, it was lovely and slick and I'll use it again very soon. :shave

Sounds great Mr Pig Cat, Sir :D I´m please when the Mods are pleased!

Good news on the Pauls shaving cream, I ordered that exact same one from him, but he sent it to Neil, who reports it´s good stuff indeed. Neil has promised to send it to me, but he "forgot" to put it down in my latest parcel from him... Actually all true, but I still have high hopes of trying it this year :lol:

PS: Neither Neil or Paul is to blame, re the shaving cream. I forgot to reset my shipping addy (bought via Ebay) from Neil to me (I bought a razor there that I sent to Neil directly) and I told Neil to dip in, he liked it and bought some other flavour and we decided to split each jar. There! :lol:

Well Mikael, I hope you get some soon as it is lovely stuff. I just looked at the site and it seems the Peppermint cream is very good value.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://connaughtshaving.com/connaughtsc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://connaughtshaving.com/connaughtsc.html</a><!-- m -->

I wonder if anyone else has noticed the curious texture of the cream. Probably asking that in the wrong section though.

Mikael sent me a lovely new brush - just used it with Mikaels Peppermint cream, lovely!

Only winding you up Mikael! I feel a bit bad now - I'll get it to you soon, promise!

Regards,
Neil

Back
Top Bottom