Phoenix and Beau is go for launch!

Albion arrived. I'll never get used to artisan soaps looking half empty in the pot. Certainly not unique to p&b but if ever it goes more mainstream it wouldn't have much shelf appeal. Otherwise excellent looking packaging and marketing. The scent is quite strong compared to what I was expecting, but this is a good thing. Certainly evokes memories of drinking lemonade in a summer meadow, citrus and lavender dominate but with a subtle complexity in the background. Performance is on a par with spitfire - which is top class. So far the longevity of the scent is great, citrus fades to lavender and patchouli with a hint of freshly cut grass.
Really fresh, clean and very British. Congratulations on another superb soap.

I got my Spitfire today and gave it a run out this evening. Despite looking a bit like a croap I was surprised at how hard the soap is and didn't load enough at first, you do need to load like a hard soap. The scent is fantastic, it smells just like I thought it would from the description. For me leather and pipe tobacco are dominant with a hint of citrus from the juniper rounding it out and giving it fresher note. The scent and name are wholly appropriate for each other and, as I've mentioned previously, the label is incredibly cool. :) I like the tub too, it feels pretty sturdy. I completely understand the comment Mark made about it only being half-full, I know that the soap is sold by weight and not volume, however we have been conditioned to expect full containers. On the other hand, the free space allows for loading room without losing soap over the side. Based on the hardness of the soap, I expect it will last a while.

I can't fairly rate the performance as it was my first go with a brand-new unbroken brush, so I won't have gotten the best from it, but even taking that into account it did not disappoint and the post-shave feel rivals MWF. First impressions are that this is a seriously impressive soap and P&B rank highly. With a broken-in brush it should be outstanding.

Test lathered both, superb lather, even with the mentholated Denali. Great scent strength on the Albion. Keeps changing I need to use it more. I first got a lot of a Solaris type scent, but then the mellow lavender and earthy patchouli kicked in. Also something else? Something that breaks up the Solaris? Is it bergamot as on the label?

Test lathered both, superb lather, even with the mentholated Denali. Great scent strength on the Albion. Keeps changing I need to use it more. I first got a lot of a Solaris type scent, but then the mellow lavender and earthy patchouli kicked in. Also something else? Something that breaks up the Solaris? Is it bergamot as on the label?
All I know from Albion is that it is full of subliminal messages. All through my shave this morning it kept whispering "Earl Grey tea, drink it now", which is a kind of bummer as I ran out last week :D

Morning Avnish, it sure is [emoji3]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom