Closed PASSAROUND: The TSR Wandering Wedge

Quick picture of tommy in turkey. After a second hone (my wife decided to use him to chop up ibuprfofen so she could swallow them) I had the best straight shave of my life. A combination of sharpness and some technique learned from watching the barbers shave me provided a super gentle, didn't even feel it cutting shave

[attachment=14157]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433350171360.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433350171360.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 24
What with the reboot, we might have got a bit lost ...

The razor is with you mikebrownington, right? I think someone else slid in to give it a go, but can't be sure. Folks! Roll up! Roll up! Add your name if you're interested in trying a good ol' wedge.

The razor is with me now. It's been a while since I played around with straights, so I have to re-learn.
I gave it a go right away after a good strop. First pass WTG went OKish, just one tiny weeper. Then I lost patience and finished with an EverReady 1912. Great shave overall, but that's the 1912 I'd say. I'll give it another go soon.

I'm done with this beast now. Final verdict: Not for me.
I never got the courage to do more than one WTG pass. It's just too scary and bitey for me.
I must admit my experience with straights is limited, but I get better results with others straights. I get the point about the angle, but I don't think that, for me, this is the right straight to learn with. I'll continue practising with a Feather AC SS and move on to the family heirloom straight I have, which I find much easier to deal with.
The razor is clean, stropped and ready to go. Any new takers?

Back
Top Bottom