Closed PASSAROUND: The TSR Wandering Wedge

Not the smoothest of shaves, opted for straight ATG pass instead of the typical WTG pass first due to close stubble and little growth from yesterday's great shave. Lather still looked as been sprinkled with iron fillings and got the job done, just tugged a little.

HHT is still good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 19
Itls suprising what a good strop can do and to be fair my whiskers are a little harsh and wire like at the best of times anyways.

It has a nice weight and the jimps on the underside mean a good grip when shaving. First time using a barbers notch and again no problems under the nose with this straight.

It's also surprising just what a profound effect a simple slight alteration in angle can do. Even what you think is right, just try a very slight but conscious angle change and see how it goes ...

Yeah, as a shave, these big wedges are good fun! Just hold onto it while shaving or it can do some damage under its own weight!

I can't seem to get a good tune out of it, think it could maybe do with honing as it felt blunt to me... Gave it a wee go on the hone and a really good stropping but still not much joy :( Are you any good at honing and do you have the stuff to do a proper job or should I maybe send it back to pjgh first?

Back
Top Bottom