Closed Pass around Stahly head list

Pass around Stahly head list

NNathwani said:
That's my time with the Stahly up and I got on really well with it. Would love to try it with the massive vibrating handle (does it make much difference Martin?)
I tend to find I prefer the milder razor these days now that I shave every day so I think this why it suits me.

I've sterilised and cleaned the stahly so can Mondoj please PM your address and I'll get this sent out to you.

Thanks again Martin for giving us the chance to test it out.

PM sent

NNathwani said:
That's the stahly on its way to Mondoj.

It arrived today, and I just had a go with it, the first thing i noticed ws the weight of the head, nice heavy head. I paired it up with a Weber Wave handle, a supermax stainless blade, it still felt head heavy. I did my min prep i.e. warm water on towel held to my beard for a minute followed by a Polmolive shave stick, I only made a fair lather and gave it a try. For a quoted mild razor it's very efficient while not feeling harsh. Overall I like it but would need to get a better handle match for the weight. Will try it again in the morning with a proper shower and prep...I'm expecting that I will have a good shave in the morning, also going to try it with a weber bulldog handle which is a little heavier.

After a few shaves I have to say that I really like this razor head, it's comfortable and smooth, although it is for me a three pass razor, definitely added to my eBay watch list. I also find that it works better with the weber bulldog handle due to the extra weight than the wave. Thanks for the passaround. Does anyone on the list have an EJ89 that can share on the differences. It's really surprising how mild and efficient this razor is.

I should be sending it to Helveticum on the weekend but I'm going to ship it after Xmas to ensure that it doesn't get lost in all of the Xmas mail...if everyone is ok with that. I try to not ship anything this time of year.

Tony.T said:
Just received the head- many thanks!

I'll try it for a few days then send it on.

Who is next?

Hi there,

From what I can see, it looks like ajc 347 would be the one to send the Stahly to next. I'd be curious how it works for you after a few shaves to tweak anything if needed. I would also suggest trying it paired with a fairly heavy handle.

Martin

Ok-

used this for a few days and I shall be sending it on to hairsuite tomorrow, along with a top up of a few blades.

What a surprise.

The 1st shave was with a Personna platinum, hot water face wash and Tabac stick- firstly face lathered then bowl'd as it were. By heck that makes some lather!

At first I thought that's odd- it's not shaving? After the fast pass I checked. Good grief- most of my beard had gone.

2 more passes and I had the CLOSEST shave ever- without realising it.

Well in the evening garbe offered a complete Stahly in BST. It's on it's way to me as I type!

Many thanks (I think) to Martin for offering this as a pass around, many thanks to garbe to selling me his and Hairsuite- can't wait to see what you think of this simple looking little head, it has rollers that don't (much to my surprise) and it looks so, well, ordinary. But it delivers the smoothest shave ever.

My new Weber polished head also arrived today. So I shall be able to do an interesting comparison soon!

Sorry about the long post. Well done if you got to the end!

PS, didn't bother with another shave with it- no need. My own is in transit.

Looking forward to receiving it in time for my days off I should think.

Only worry is, obtaining one if I like it as much as Tony does.......

Still, thanks to Trainman and a few other folk on this site, I have quite a few blade/razor combinations to try over the next few.....years.....

Will PM you Tony on receipt..

Tony.T said:
Ok-

used this for a few days and I shall be sending it on to hairsuite tomorrow, along with a top up of a few blades.

What a surprise.

The 1st shave was with a Personna platinum, hot water face wash and Tabac stick- firstly face lathered then bowl'd as it were. By heck that makes some lather!

At first I thought that's odd- it's not shaving? After the fast pass I checked. Good grief- most of my beard had gone.

Well in the evening garbe offered a complete Stahly in BST. It's on it's way to me as I type!

Many thanks (I think) to Martin for offering this as a pass around, many thanks to garbe to selling me his and Hairsuite- can't wait to see what you think of this simple looking little head, it has rollers that don't (much to my surprise) and it looks so, well, ordinary. But it delivers the smoothest shave ever.

My new Weber polished head also arrived today. So I shall be able to do an interesting comparison soon!

Sorry about the long post. Well done if you got to the end!

PS, didn't bother with another shave with it- no need. My own is in transit.

Tony.T said:
What a surprise.

The 1st shave was with a Personna platinum,

this simple looking little head, it has rollers that don't (much to my surprise) and it looks so, well, ordinary. But it delivers the smoothest shave ever.

Sounds like we have a bingo! Glad that head fits you so well.

Believe me, I was pretty shocked at how much I enjoy using it as part of a frankenrazor with a nice long heavy handle. The perfect no drama shave, but not for everyone. Very tough to screw up using this thing.....as easy to handle as a cartridge but more fun. The head's been chromed and after well over 100 shaves it still looks about like new, Very shiny.

Congrats on the soon to be new addition to your shaving arsenal,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom