Closed Pass around Stahly head list

dodgy said:
mattyb240 said:
And it's off!,

Hiya,

So where was this sent? And might I ask whoever has it to mention if they've tried it yet.

Thanks

I'll have a look, I believe it was the gentleman missingskin mentioned above. He was very slow in getting in touch and replying initially (well by my standards anyway).

Just checked my sent items, definatley David (Exapno) sent first class on the 13th.

mattyb240 said:
I'll have a look, I believe it was the gentleman missingskin mentioned above. He was very slow in getting in touch and replying initially (well by my standards anyway).

Just checked my sent items, definatley David (Exapno) sent first class on the 13th.

Hey thanks. I just sorta wanted to get an update to tidy the thread up.

Yes, I am a bit slow, apologies all. I have the Stahly head in my possession, I'm just waiting for a suitable handle to use it with. One should be with me later this week and then I'll give it a go and report back. I'm going to be working away over the next couple of weeks though so I might not get the opportunity to use it much until I return.

For complete authenticity and to replicate the 'dodgy' experience, I shall (hopefully) be using a Weber classic handle.

In an effort to simulate (as far as possible) Martin's take on this razor head, I waited until I had a Weber classic handle to pair it with. I used a vintage blade, some Nanny's soap and my MÜHLE synth. I really like the look of the Stahly head, it's quite unlike most other razor heads in that it doesn't look like a copy or variation of something else. The safety bar is completely different, it's an actual bar that rotates. A very nice touch. As for the shave it was what I expected, comfortable but efficient. This isn't one of those razor heads that will bite you if you make a mistake, it's very user friendly. The results were pretty good and would probably have got better with a bit more time/experience spent with this set up (which I had but stupidly didn't utilise). I might give this head another go sometime in the future, perhaps with a sharper blade but for now the monkey, while not completely off my back is at least at a point of monkey stalemate.

On a side note, the head was looking a bit uncared for. There was a lot of discolouration under the head, around the pins and the thread. The sort of stuff that turns to rust if you're not careful. I spent a good half hour with a tube of peek, an old toothbrush, a jewellery polishing cloth and a micro fibre cloth and I'm happy to say that it was looking a lot healthier when I posted it on to Steve.

Back
Top Bottom