Closed Pass Around: Merkur Slant list (enchanted)

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Sent another email yesterday.......nothing so far. Starting to get a bad feeling about this.

I remember him quibbling over the price of a slant in BST, when Bechet was going to donate the cash to the forum. Bechet's just sold it to someone else in another thread. Wetdog might have just decided to get a free slant instead.

Hiya,

Well, he's had it about a month. That's getting to be a long time, especially since he's not been around recently.

Now rather than go all negative, maybe positive reinforcement might help. I've emailed him twice, both times being polite and friendly. Maybe some of you other guys might like to also send him a message, explaining there's no problem so far. Possibly he'd be moved to set the Enchantress free, as long as it was done in a non threatening manner.

Maybe a bunch of emails would help get him off the fence, if that's what's going on. We all have stuff in our lives that gets in the way sometimes.

Martin

Could be anything... don't jump to conclusions. If he was to show up today and say his internet had been down for a month and he's about to send it on then everybody would be happy... I admit it's not very encouraging, but perhaps it's not the end of it...

Personally, I hope wetdog doesn't have any health issues that are preventing him from responding to messages. It would be easy to claim that the slant had never reached you (the Royal Mail is such an easy target) and just keep it while remaining active on the forum. To just vanish is odd.

texaspete said:
I admire some of the optimism here!

Howdy Partner,

Well, I've been saying the right words, but my heart isn't in it. Impossible to believe that there's no way wetdog could have at least posted something if he needed to. Yeah, I'm tending towards the idea of not seeing this razor around anymore. Who knows, maybe he dropped it or the dog ate it, along with his homework.

So anyone got any ideas? I do have his mailing address if that might do some good. It's not something I wanna make a large deal over, but it does sting a little bit. Sheesh.

Martin

Exapno said:
Perhaps a personal letter to his home address expressing our concern about not being able to contact him and asking after his welfare would be the best approach.

Maybe we can all pitch in and send him a fruit basket.........heh.

Back
Top Bottom