Closed Pass Around: Merkur Slant list (enchanted)

Hi all, the enchantress is with me (and very pretty she is too!!) I've just got back from Ealing beer festival, so won't try her out immediately!

Thanks for sending her, Derrick!
Cheers
Stu

Well, sad to say but my week with the razor is up. It's been an interesting time - I've definitely learned that, at least for the moment, a slant isn't an every day razor for me. I've had four shaves with her, with slightly variable results, but my general findings are:

1. It all gets easier once you stop looking at the head of the razor and go by feel - trying to judge that twisted visage just confuses the novice. Use the force, Luke!
2. A light touch is all important - she will whisk whiskers away with no effort at all. Pressure just strips layers of epidermis.
3. I never truly got to grips with against the grain passes! WTG / XTG, I actually found the shave to be comfortable and not that aggressive. ATG really brought home the fact that there was a lot of blade coming into contact with my face.

As of today, I'm happy to go back to my EJ89 and Slim Adjustable - although I'd enjoy a few more shaves with the slant. But I have a terrible feeling that, as the weeks pass, I'll end up hankering after one of these fine ladies.

Thanks for the opportunity to try the experience! PM sent to jmec, who I believe is next on the list.

All the best
Stu

hello - could i be added to the list please?

I've been looking to buy one of these online for a few weeks now and nobody has it in stock!

cheers,

phil

could i get a few shaves with this please?

i appreciate being new i may not be allowed or trusted yet, and if so it wouldnt be a problem.

ya misersble gits lol

mick.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Right now the razor's hanging out with mattyb240. From there, the enchantress would be going to:

jaycey.......done
Mark70.....done
The Geordie Shaver.....done
ChopperHarris.......done
jmec.....done
octopus........done
flip-68......done
wetdog
Norky
texaspete

Three more tickets issued for the enchanted razor ride.

wetdog said:

i appreciate being new i may not be allowed or trusted yet, and if so it wouldnt be a problem.

Hi Mick,

Maybe I should warn you about this razor. She has tried to.....'influence' more than a few members. One guy even came close to being taken over and keeping her, but came to his senses just in time. That was a close one!

It's the main reason I had to get this thing outta my arsenal, It needed to be sent far away.

Martin

dodgy said:
wetdog said:

Hi Mick,

Maybe I should warn you about this razor. She has tried to.....'influence' more than a few members. One guy even came close to be taken over and keeping her, but came to his senses just in time. That was a close one!

It's the main reason I had to get this thing outta my arsenal, It needed to be sent far away.

Martin

i shall be careful, luckily for me our maude is a white witch(no bull), i will get her to cast an anti-enchantment spell upon me so as not to be drawn in by her allure.

flip-68 said:
cheers dodgy!

looking forwad to using this badboy!

wetdog - i'll pm you when my time is up to get your address.

cheers flip.

wetdog said:
i shall be careful, luckily for me our maude is a white witch(no bull), i will get her to cast an anti-enchantment spell upon me so as not to be drawn in by her allure.

Well, you can forget about any sorta Wiccan spells doing any good. Beating drums and dancing around naked won't touch this razor.

No, what you need is something Aleister Crowly would use. Possibly a tasty incantation from the Tibetan Book of the Dead might do the trick...maybe.

Martin

dodgy said:
wetdog said:

Well, you can forget about any sorta Wiccan spells doing any good. Beating drums and dancing around naked won't touch this razor.

No, what you need is something Aleister Crowly would use. Possibly a tasty incantation from the Tibetan Book of the Dead might do the trick...maybe.

Martin

oh dear, better get the Sabbath records on and see if i can do a deal with the Devil!!

Back
Top Bottom