Closed Pass Around: Merkur Slant list (enchanted)

i found a seller on ebay who has some 37Cs in stock. he is based in Poland and im just waiting for it to arrive to ensure that the transaction is trustworthy - im sure that it is, he has nearly 8000 feedback and 99.3 or something positive.

if martin would like a replacement 37C then i will also contribute to a purchase. im sure we can rustle up the 35 quid needed to see that martin doesn't suffer for his generosity.

phil

Afternoon all,

Not having tried a slant and noticing the thread pop up I was willing to put my name down.

Instead I'll wait until the kitty replace Martins one and have a go then.

If whoever is collecting wants to give me a shout I'll BT a tenner into the pot.

flip-68 said:
if martin would like a replacement 37C then i will also contribute to a purchase. im sure we can rustle up the 35 quid needed to see that martin doesn't suffer for his generosity.

phil

Thanks Phil, but I sent that razor on her way with the idea of not seeing her again. I appreciate the thought, but I'm good. Sometimes I run into a slant in the wild, but nothing for a while now.

Far as you guys kicking in for a new one, I'm happy to keep track of things as before. It does seem like there's always someone wanting to try one of those, and it's money well spent. Heh, who knows, maybe the Enchantress will even make a return someday.

Ok, I'll wait to see what happens.

Martin

Sorry, I may be being a little slow but I have lost the thread of what's happening a little. Are we contributing to a new slant? If so, please PM the details...

Cheers

I was about to reply Connaught Shaving have them in as I was contemplating buying one before I plumped for the Muhle R41, I have just checked and they're out of stock, as well

I can't tell either - I think that Niral has sent his own off to satisfy the remaining list members. However, if we want to fund thing further, the people who've offered are:

You (orange sport)
Me
Texaspete
A-W
Chrisbell

That brings it down to £6 each. I'm happy to organise if we do go down that route. Any confirmations of willingness?

Cheers
Stu

Dobbo25 said:
I was about to reply Connaught Shaving have them in as I was contemplating buying one before I plumped for the Muhle R41, I have just checked and they're out of stock, as well

Nkdman seem to have them in stock @ £30

ChopperHarris said:
I can't tell either - I think that Niral has sent his own off to satisfy the remaining list members. However, if we want to fund thing further, the people who've offered are:

You (orange sport)
Me
Texaspete
A-W
Chrisbell

That brings it down to £6 each. I'm happy to organise if we do go down that route. Any confirmations of willingness?

Cheers
Stu

Dobbo25 said:

Nkdman seem to have them in stock @ £30

Perfectly willing.

I thought we were chipping in for a new 37c slant,The idea I got was it would be passed around to people who want to borrow it, Obviously I thought the people who chipped in would get 1st shout on using it ,even if you read the 1st page of this thread its not that clear as to what's happening, if it's not that easy I'd be better off buying one then flogging it on here if I didn't like it. Simples :icon_cheesygrin:

Dobbo25 said:
I thought we were chipping in for a new 37c slant,The idea I got was it would be passed around to people who want to borrow it, Obviously I thought the people who chipped in would get 1st shout on using it ,even if you read the 1st page of this thread its not that clear as to what's happening, if it's not that easy I'd be better off buying one then flogging it on here if I didn't like it. Simples :icon_cheesygrin:

You know, I don't want to sound grumpy to a newcomer, but how hard is it to follow the thread to understand what's happening? It's unfair to expect those who've been running this thread to change it just because someone who can't be bothered to find-out what's happening. If you really can't be arsed then, by all means buy one yourself and sell it here if you don't like it.

chrisbell said:
Dobbo25 said:

You know, I don't want to sound grumpy to a newcomer, but how hard is it to follow the thread to understand what's happening? It's unfair to expect those who've been running this thread to change it just because someone who can't be bothered to find-out what's happening. If you really can't be arsed then, by all means buy one yourself and sell it here if you don't like it.
I can be arsed, normally, but at the moment I've got the attention span of a gnat due to an op I've had, so before you dish out your grumpy sanctimonious diatribe, just have a little think before you write, and hopefully my attention span will return to normal very soon, so I think I better count myself not in.

Dobbo25 said:
chrisbell said:
Dobbo25 said:

I can be arsed, normally, but at the moment I've got the attention span of a gnat due to an op I've had, so before you dish out your grumpy sanctimonious diatribe, just have a little think before you write, and hopefully my attention span will return to normal very soon, so I think I better count myself not in.

OK, sorry to hear about your health issues - you might not accept this, but I know what it's like having a body that lets you down. To summarise, what happened was that Martin (dodgy) had a Slant which was a very nice example of the type. He set-up a pass-around, so people signed-up and sent it to each other in the order in which they signed-up. Once it had completed its tour, the last person would send it back to Martin.
Unfortunately, one member towards the bottom of the list took delivery of the razor then disappeared from the forum. He hasn't been in contact for ages, hasn't replied to emails or personal messages in the forum, so Martin has given-up on ever getting the razor back. This means that the last few people on the list have been left high and dry, so we're trying to work-out what's going to happen. I think the idea was that another member would provide his own Slant for the remaining people on the list, but that the last wouldn't t take any new members. Then, the idea of clubbing-together to buy Martin a replacement Slant was proposed, which is pretty much where we are now.

If you look at the first three pages of this thread it tells you nothing apart from who is passing it on to who next ,and then some bloke called wetdog has either run of with it or popped his clogs, so what was that you said about remaining positive, also I thought it would be nice for a newbie like me to chip in a fiver, use it for a week and never see it again, quite a nice little gesture I thought, but obviously not,so kindly pull your head out of your backside and let us newbies make the odd fopaux without coming down on us like a ton or tonne of bricks. Thank you and that is all:icon_biggrin:

If you two could get a room.

Anyway, I'm in whether its a tenner or six quid.

Let me know the bank account details and I'll send it on asap.

Back
Top Bottom