Closed Pass Around - Feather AS-D2 - COMPLETE

Just an afterthought...I realise there's no definitive answer and it's been done to death on all the forums, but who thinks that, except for an additional cleaning and/or disinfecting stage, the Medi-Prep is exactly the same as the Lab Blue. Connaught are offering TSR members 250 Med Preps at a decent price compared to other sellers (and compared to their usual advertised price) but I'd sooner not fork out £40 for them if they're the same as what I've already got.

I've got 200 of the latter in the white wrapper (came from SalonSupplyStore in Florida - good service and cheap as chips). But no Medi-Preps so can't compare against each other....I'm hoping someone will!

I imagine others will use the AS-D2 pass around with the Feather blade and perhaps be able to compare it with some of the other blades that have been mentioned here, for example Nico referred to - Feather, Personna Medi Preps, Sputniks, Rapira SSS.

So, to summarize... Should we just stick Feather blades in the D2 or are there one or two others (MedPrep/LabBlue or Swedish or Sputnicks ) that would be just as good (or better?)

I understand that the D2 prefers the sharper blade? Ive got one or 2 Feather left in my lot that'll be used with this razor, but will also be using the go to Shark / Rapira and Lord blades that do me proud daily

For anyone who's reading this but hasn't seen Paul(Globalm) 's post on the other, related, thread I'd just offer a reminder that gents considering purchase have until 28th October to register firm interest there - or another 15 hours to buy at Massdrop.

Razor received signed for and very well packaged thanks Stan :) will have a shave tomorrow having just shaved an hour ago. Beautifully engineered razor, only the second stainless I've held and its heavier than the Ikon. Thanks again Nico.

Had a couple of shaves with the Feather now, definitely a very close and easy shave. Riverrun your up next my friend! Please PM your address to me.
A little too mild for me.

Last edited:
First impressions: A beautifully engineered razor. The finish, the knurling on the handle, the weight (91 grams) and balance are superb. Personally I could do without the logo on the head, but (that's) a minor niggle.
So I went ahead and did a shave with most of my favourites, to have only the razor as an unknown:
Shower
Pre-shave face wash with Speick soap
Castle Forbes Lime Shaving Cream
MÜHLE 33K257 Synthetic brush
Fresh PolSilver blade
4 pass shave WTG XTG, XTG, ATG
Alum block
Speick Men Aftershave

The razor is very mild - I'd call it tame. I didn't think the angle was difficult to find at all. It just glides over the skin, but removes stubble quite efficiently. It feels very safe. Extremely well balanced. Very good grip on the handle. I was quite amazed how smooth my skin was after the second pass, but I decided to go the full four pass hog. The result was a very easy BBS, although I think some of my Schicks with NOS blades get even closer. OK, I'll stop going on about injectors for now. The alum block and the aftershave had not much sting afterwards. If you like your razors on the aggressive side of things, this is not a razor for you. I like mild razors that give a good shave, so I like it a lot. Is it worth the money though? I'm not sure yet. I'll give it another go with a Feather blade tomorrow and report back.
Thank you Martin, for passing this beauty around.

Andreas

Back
Top Bottom