OSX Mountain Lion Anyone?

The new OSX is released next month at a mere £20.

Compared with a new MS OS it's a steal:D

I really...really want a media player that supports airplay & avi files though and it doesn't look like it's going to happen:(

Being able to play games between the Mac and iOS devices will be good fun in our house:)

They are pushing the dictation, speak recognition, what a waste of time! Siri is rubbish so lets stick it in OSX:(

Getting rid of a separate search box...now where have I seen that???:dodgy:

Anyway, I will be embracing change, will you?

You realise about the air play streaming you can just air play your whole desktop?

iOS 6 is also making big changes to Siri for every other country not just America so it should hopefully be useful!

jaycey said:
The new OSX is released next month at a mere £20.

Compared with a new MS OS it's a steal:D

I really...really want a media player that supports airplay & avi files though and it doesn't look like it's going to happen:(

Being able to play games between the Mac and iOS devices will be good fun in our house:)

They are pushing the dictation, speak recognition, what a waste of time! Siri is rubbish so lets stick it in OSX:(

Getting rid of a separate search box...now where have I seen that???:dodgy:

Anyway, I will be embracing change, will you?
I have been using Mac for about 20 years. Now on Lion (server). Will go to Mountain Lion (server) when it is available.

Before all you Mac heads run off and blow your £20.00, please make sure that your peripheral manufacturers have got drivers for it.

Ian

mattyb240 said:
You realise about the air play streaming you can just air play your whole desktop?

iOS 6 is also making big changes to Siri for every other country not just America so it should hopefully be useful!

I will be very interested to see how well implemented that will be;)

I've decided to stop spending on my Apple collection. Everything is working well. And when mobile me ends on 30 June, I'm going to assess just what I really need to do to address practical issues I come across. So I'll not be chasing after a Mountain lion.

I have Hello Kitty on my desktop.

Fair dues, it's not as scary-sounding as a Mountain Lion or a Snow Leopard but I like it.

It makes my tummy feel all warm inside.

You're welcome.

Fido said:
I've decided to stop spending on my Apple collection. Everything is working well. And when mobile me ends on 30 June, I'm going to assess just what I really need to do to address practical issues I come across. So I'll not be chasing after a Mountain lion.

Are you not moving to iCloud from Mobile me?

And I think an upgrade to lion will be necessary before snow leopard but who knows.

I don't know why you feel the need to mention the price of a windows OS release when you are talking about Mac OS?

Do you know how many releases apple put out in the same time frame as a new windows OS release?

A quick search found that Windows XP released in 2001 and was end of sales in 2008

In that time frame there were six Mac OS releases. So maybe your 'steal' isn't really as cheap as it looks.

Keep living the dream though.

Financially speaking, Win XP cost me an absolute packet in trying to keep customer PC's running reliably.
Win Vista...we shouldn't really talk about
Win 7 is a big step in the right direction.

Since converting to OSX I stuck 2 fingers up at all my previous associations and now live a happy content life without my phone ringing a couple of times a week "I cant get windows to start"

I have happy dreams now:)

mattyb240 said:
Fido said:

And I think an upgrade to lion will be necessary before snow leopard but who knows.

I've registered with iCloud but not all my devices will interact with it unless I do some upgrades.

joe mcclaine said:
I have Hello Kitty on my desktop.

Fair dues, it's not as scary-sounding as a Mountain Lion or a Snow Leopard but I like it.

It makes my tummy feel all warm inside.

You're welcome.

Phew, I was waiting for a post that I could understand. OK, you can all carry on talking about computers now...

Fido said:
mattyb240 said:
Fido said:

I've registered with iCloud but not all my devices will interact with it unless I do some upgrades.

Upgrades are pretty painless just make sure you have your devices backed up just in case. What are you running currently?

In the US Apple has a discount for school and student use. Have a daughter in Elementary School and all you need to do is see if her school has entered the program when you purchase and you receive the discount. Similar in the UK?

Back
Top Bottom