One soap to rule them all?

Fox said:
romat22 said:
Fox said:
I guess I could order via Paypal and reverse the payment if nothing shows after a couple of weeks. Might give this a go, thanks Omp.

D. :D

Omp said:
Fox said:
Ah yes, Omp how could I forget about 25% Lait Frais d'Anesse Bio? Crème de la crème of all shave soaps!

I did send them an email in both English and in French, (dodgy French) unfortunatly they did not reply, so I didn't think it safe to just order. Omp do you know if its good to just order from their website and the goods arrive in the UK without emailing them first?

D. :D

Sorry Darron, I didn't order mine direct. I picked mine up from Planete Rasoir in Paris.
It was only when I got back that I found it online (at about half the price I paid for it!).

I bought a couple of pucks direct from the website no problem, got a free sample of the ASB (very nice btw) and their hand soap. The soap sold through the website is actually 100g of 30% milk rather than 190g of 25% from Planete Rasoir.

I did a review over on Reddit... http://www.reddit.com/r/Wet_Shavers/comments/2dbuef/review_la_savonni%C3%A8re_du_moulin_savon_barbe_30/

Thank you romat22, this is great, yes it's not very clear their website and if you blinked you would never see this which I hope is what one gets when purchasing, especially at that price. http://www.la-savonniere-du-moulin.com/l-ane-au-masculin/129-savon-barbe-alu.html

I believe they do different shave soaps, with indeed higher amounts of Donkey Milk in them., but this is the one that stands out from the crowd IMO.

That's the one I meant to get! :icon_rolleyes: Oh well, haha, gives me an excuse to buy the balm and the 25% to get the free shipping. :angel:

Re: RE: One soap to rule them all?

Fox said:
Thank you romat22, this is great, yes it's not very clear their website and if you blinked you would never see this which I hope is what one gets when purchasing, especially at that price. http://www.la-savonniere-du-moulin.com/l-ane-au-masculin/129-savon-barbe-alu.html

I believe they do different shave soaps, with indeed higher amounts of Donkey Milk in them., but this is the one that stands out from the crowd IMO.

I hadn't noticed the 25% aluminium version on the website. I had assumed it was exclusive to planete rasoir. I think I paid the same amount (€35) when I picked it up from there.
I am in Paris again this weekend but will try and give Planete a wide berth for the sake of my wallet.

romat22 said:
That's the one I meant to get! :icon_rolleyes: Oh well, haha, gives me an excuse to buy the balm and the 25% to get the free shipping. :angel:

I like your thinking. ;)

Omp said:
Fox said:

I hadn't noticed the 25% aluminium version on the website. I had assumed it was exclusive to planete rasoir. I think I paid the same amount (€35) when I picked it up from there.
I am in Paris again this weekend but will try and give Planete a wide berth for the sake of my wallet.

PM's incoming! LOL Only joking, have a geat time in Paris I will order from the website when Mrs Fox is not looking. :angel:

Hmmm! A real poser this one and an almost impossible choice! But, if I had to choose, I would have to go with MWF based on three simple criteria: price, longevity (or put another way, overall value for money) and skin conditioning properties. I do however, have to agree with Ian, the Faena Unscented is a super soap, lathers beautifully and leaves the skin feeling beautifully smooth! It's fast becoming one of my favourites...

... but then, there's also the Nanny's range of soaps :)

Hiya,

When it comes to a currently made soap that performs great and with strong scent, I would have to go with C&S. I can't think of a better soap, but you gotta like the fragrances available.

Yeah, it's expensive and part of the cost is probably all the scent added, but man, it does everything well, starting with the lather you get from it and how easy it's made.

Heh, sadly I tried the #88 and didn't like how it smelled. Used it a few times anyway because of how good the shave was.

Martin

I did a test of 15 soaps in one day and I have some dear soaps and not so dear. I have hand made soaps and some commercial soaps. The soap that came out on top of the test by a mile with density of lather and longevity was brrrrr drum roll please,
TABAC what a shave soap the thickness of this soap combined with slickness is incredible. If you aint got one yet, go get some.

Sir irisch moos compares with Tabac. I think it's the same soap with a better smell. Not easy to get hold of these days but I've noticed Tabac sticks and bowls are disappearing from shops

For me so far it's very very close but either Fitjar Shea Pleasure hard soap, any Wickham Supersmooth or Klar Kabinett, but still got so many others in the cupboard that haven't even been opened and others that have been either just test lathered or only used once so this could change at any given time.

Back
Top Bottom